Chapter 24: Meeting

*N/n POV*

Walking through Twilight Town, I felt something watching me from around every corner. Every time I turned around, I could swear there was a shadow diving behind buildings and disappearing into darkness.

"Weird..." I sighed, "I must be getting really tired. Two more days of this and then I can take a few days off, just gotta keep going."

And so I did, ignoring the feeling that someone was watching me from behind. It was really creeping me out, even as I got towards the edge of the town and towards the forest. As I stepped out into the forest, I felt the presence only get closer and closer.

It was at that point I noticed the crunching of leaves beneath my feet was not properly in sync with my footsteps. There was only a moment's difference, but it was obvious when I listened. Something or someone was walking only a few feet behind me, trying their hardest not to make too much noise and failing.

Noting this new presence, I summoned my keyblade and turned around, throwing it at them. The person, wearing an organization coat of their own, deflected my keyblade and charged forward, swinging their keyblade at my neck.

I ducked the attack and swiped their legs out from under them, dropping them to their back. I summoned my keyblade back to me and pointed it at their head, placing my foot on their chest to hold them.

"Who are you!?" I shouted, "Why are you following me?!"

Using my keyblade, I reached into his hood and pulled it upwards, revealing his face. It was a person I didn't recognize, but as I looked at him I felt a strange sense of deja vu and a pounding in my head.

"Y/n," He said, his voice deep and gravely, "It's time for you to wake up."

"Shut up!" I shouted, feeling irrational anger build up, "Who are you!?"

"You know who I am," He said, his face blurring in my vision and becoming something else, "I'm your best friend."

Suddenly, his face became that of a girl's, one that felt very familiar to me. She had long, white hair and green eyes, and just seeing her face made me feel calm.

"Riku?"

"You know who I am," He said, his voice returning to normal and his face returning to the male's, "We'll meet again."

I raised my keyblade high and brought it down hard, stabbing it into dirt. The man had disappeared, leaving no trace that he had ever been there.

"What?" I said, grabbing my head to keep it from pulsing with pain, "W-who was that? And..."

"Who's Y/n?"