Chapter 38: Escape

*Third Person POV*

Y/n quickly brought up his keyblade and charged at the younger Xehanort, who quickly blocked the attack. Axel leapt to safety, grabbing Sora and disappearing, presumably back out of the dream realm.

Y/n and Xehanort locked keyblades, but Y/n didn't appear to be interested in the fight. He was merely trying to stall, even as Riku ran beside him to help.

"No!" He shouted, "Leave! I'll hold them off until you guys get clear! Make sure Sora wakes up!"

Riku reluctantly turned and began to run away, her pace matched by King Mickey who was running alongside her.

"Damn it!" Old Xehanort shouted, "Get him! Make sure he never leaves!"

The members of The Organization began to bear down on Y/n, leaping from their high chairs. The first to reach him was a female figure with three knives in between her fingers. They were sparking with electricity, which Y/n got a close look at as the knives passed right in front of his face.

He stepped back, quickly spinning and knocking the attacker back. She fell away behind another figure, this one carrying a massive pink scythe. Y/n leapt into the air as the figure swung the scythe, cutting where Y/n had once been. Y/n put his keyblade under his feet, before pushing outwards and sending the keyblade flying into the opponent. It was deflected away, but left just enough time for Y/n to plant his foot and swing his fist around into the hooded figure's face.

The third up was a large guy with flowing blue hair. He easily towered over Y/n with an equally massive weapon. Y/n rolled out of the way of one attack, which cracked the ground where it hit, and grabbed his keyblade. He turned around just fast enough to block another attack, deflecting it off to his left. He quick stepped to the right and swung around, grabbing the figures cloak and tripping him. The attacker fell face forward and Y/n quickly shot a blast of ice at the weapon, freezing it to the ground.

Y/n looked up and saw all four versions of Xehanort bearing towards him, and realized he was going to be defeated. So he turned and ran, his armor clinking against the stone floor. As Young Xehanort reached him, only barely missing him with a swipe as Y/n leapt up onto one of the high chairs.

Xemnas shot a beam of red light at Y/n, the laser striking where Y/n had been only a few seconds earlier. Y/n, by the time the beam struck, had jumped onto a high chair, which was suddenly exploded by Young Xehanort's keyblade. The blade had been thrown through the high chair as Y/n stepped on it, and he was sent flying onto another chair. He landed with a hard slam and his armor cracked completely, falling off of him in pieces. He slowly pushed himself up, hearing the evil guffaws from the many Xehanorts.

"Alright," He groaned, "I think that's enough time. I need to get the hell out of here."

Young Xehanort tried to send a bolt of lightning flying at Y/n, as he raised his keyblade up towards the sky. A beam of light shot out of it and into the sky, and Y/n began to disappear. The bolt of lightning struck the chair where Y/n had been seconds prior.