Chapter 3: Darkness

*??? POV*

I opened my eyes, feeling something wet against my hand. As I slowly looked around, I saw that the world around me was dark, the sky a pitch black.

I slowly stood up, pushing myself up to a sitting position. I reached up and rubbed my face with my left arm, only to find large claws protruding from my fingers. Each was about a foot long, and seemed sharp enough to cut anything.

I slowly stood up, feeling a pulsating feeling through my body. I looked down in the liquid, which I somehow knew was called... 'Water'.

I could make out my own reflection easily in the water below. My... hair... was completely white, all the way through. My... eyes... were bright red, glowing in the minimal light. Looking down at my body, I saw that there was a mass of black matter that ran down my torso diagonally, corrupting the left half of my body, starting at my right shoulder and going horizontally down.

The left half of my body was made of black scales that pulsed with a purple light. the light moved up the scales like a wave, the scales moving up slightly and returning to their place.

I began to move my right hand, the non-clawed one, up and down the scales, feeling them as they pulsed.

Suddenly, there was noises behind me, and I turned quickly. There was a group of strange creatures gathering behind me, staring at me from the darkness.

They didn't seem to be angry, or even conscious that I existed after a few seconds, as they turned and disappeared

They didn't seem to be angry, or even conscious that I existed after a few seconds, as they turned and disappeared. I followed behind them, walking along with them into the darkness. They surrounded me on all sides, but I didn't feel threatened, but  I felt a sense of ease.

They lead me to some strange door, where other smaller creatures were walking through.

One of the ones on four legs nudged the back of my leg, pushing me towards the massive door

"You... want me, to go?" I asked.

It nodded, and I followed the instruction of the strange creature. These creatures, they felt like they were my friends, leading me along and opening a path ahead of us. I walked through the door with the other shadows, and I was enveloped in a bright light and felt myself disappearing.