Chapter 43: A Royal Feast

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

It's been a while, hasn't it? Yeah, my bad. I just haven't had the energy or time to really write for basically the last year and a half.

However, I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts and I've felt the urge to come back and finally finish this story.

If you need a recap, I severely recommend going back a few chapters and reading the comments. There's one comment thread that basically outlines everything that's happened and what will be happening going forward.

Once again, thank you all for your patience. Sorry to keep you waiting so long.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Y/n POV*

I sat across the table from Princess Aurora, staring at my plate. She had decided to have a feast in my honor for helping protect the castle, so I had stayed until the sky outside the windows had gone dark.

She must have noticed me picking at the food on my plate, because she spoke up in a soft tone.

"Is there something troubling you, Y/n?"

I put my fork down next to the plate, and leaned back in my seat.

"You're quite good at reading people, aren't you?"

"Maybe you're just not a hard person to read," She joked, "Please, tell me what's on your mind."

I let out a long sigh, "I... I hurt a friend recently. It was a moment of weakness, I don't even know what happened, but I attacked her."

I looked away, down to my own hands in my lap.

"I guess I'm worried about what to say when I see her again," I explained, "Will she still see me the same way? Will she be scared of me?"

"A conundrum to be sure," The princess replied, "It may not mean much, but from what I've seen, you're a very genuine person Y/n. You and Fira have a lot of the same qualities."

I looked her in the eyes, and she gave me a bright smile.

"I think if you go to your friend and sincerely apologize, she will forgive you," She said sweetly, "She will understand your words, and more importantly, your heart."

I don't know why, but when I heard it from her, it seemed so clear. Riku would understand me, she always has. She understand that it comes from my hearts.

"Thank you Aurora," I said, "I think I should go and see my friends as soon as possible."

"Of course, I wouldn't keep you."

She led me to front door of the castle, and saw me out.

"Thank you princess," I said, "For everything."

"Of course," She replied, "And when you find Fira, please do come back. I'd like to see my friend once more."

"I will princess, it's a promise."

She disappeared back into the castle, and the doors closed. I felt myself being enveloped in a bright light, and in a flash, I was back in front of Yen Sid's tower.

I stepped the front door, and up the steps. When I finally got to the top, I found myself as the only person in the room.

"I suppose I'm the first to arrive."

"You are," Yen Sid replied, "The others will be arriving shortly. Tell me, have you found anything new about Fira?"

It might have just been my imagination, but he seemed to lean forward slightly in his chair.