Chapter 25: Questions And Answers

{Flashback}

*N/n POV*

"N/n, I have a new assignment for you."

"Really? Here I was thinking I was getting a vacation," I replied, looking Xemnas in the eyes as I leaned back in my chair, "What do you want?"

"You are to return to Castle Oblivion and assess the situation there," He said, completely ignoring my sarcasm, "I have received some concerning reports from our members there."

"Fine," I replied, "Give me an hour and I'll head out."

"30 minutes."

He turned and left the room, as I let out an exasperated sigh. I already had my plate full trying to find out who that girl was, and this was just unnecessary stress added on top of that.

"N/n?"

I turned to the familiar girly voice, seeing a blonde head of hair poking into the room. Roxas' deep blue eyes stared back at me, as she peaked around the door frame.

"Roxas."

"You're really going away again?!" She groaned, walking through the doorway and standing in front of me, "How long are you going be away this time?"

"I don't know. The boss wasn't specific."

She let out a loud sigh, "The last time you said that, I didn't see you for two months."

"Roxas, you know I can't-"

She suddenly wrapped her arms around my neck, putting her knees on the chair on either side of my legs. She tucked her head into my neck and pulled tight, leaning into my chest and clinging tight to me.

"I know," She said, as I felt my neck getting wet from tears, "Just... promise you're going to come back to me."

"Absolutely."

"I can't trust you when you promise like that."

"Then what can I do to make you-"

I was once again cut off, this time by Roxas planting her lips against mine. It was a deep, passionate kiss that forced her to lean harder into me, as my hands went to her butt to hold her up.

When we finally split, a trail of spit running from my mouth to hers, she blushed a deep red. She pressed her forehead against my shoulder again, keeping her arms wrapped around me weakly.

"That'll do."

{Flashback}

That's how I got here, wandering the halls of Castle Oblivion, reminiscing on the time I met my other half. It was a shame the memory recreation stuff didn't work for me, would've been helpful in finding out who that girl was.

I ran my hand over my lips, remembering the feeling of Roxas' lips on mine. It still lingered there, despite the days that had passed. The passion she had as she slammed against me, I doubt that's something that I'll ever forget.

As I walked the halls of Castle Oblivion, I found myself somewhere I had never been before. I must've gotten lost when I was stuck in my memories. I noticed a large door with light leaking out from under it, and I walked up to it, grabbing the handle and pushing it open.

Inside was a girl with bright blonde hair, and a dress without a spot of imperfection. She was holding a colored pencil in her hand, and she seemed to be working on a drawing in front of her.

"Oh, N/n," She greeted, her perfect hair waving as she looked up, "Do you like it? I thought I'd do one of all of us."

She held up the picture, and I got a good look at it. It was one of four person-like figures, one with blonde hair that I assumed was her, one with long grayish-white hair that looked similar to the girl I had seen, one of a girl with brown hair that looked familiar, and one other person that was undeniably familiar.

"Is that... me?"