Chapter 42: A Meeting With A Princess

*Y/n POV*

As the soldiers led me through the massive front hall of the castle, I reflected on how different the castle looked to what I thought it would. The bright, white walls of the outer walls were exactly the same on the inside, heavily contracted with the red of the carpet and drapes. It was beautiful, if not a bit garish.

"It has regal charm." I said, spinning while walking with the captain of the guard.

"Through here is the Throne Room," The captain said, pointing at a large oak door, "The princess will be waiting for you inside."

"Thank you."

I walked forward and pushed the doors open, coming out into a massive open room. There were large stained glass windows against the back wall, and a pair of thrones in front of them. Before I could take in more of the room, my attention was drawn to a woman with bright blonde hair and a pink dress.

I bowed to one knee as I got close to her, in an attempt to show my respect.

"There will be no need for that," She said, placing a gentle hand against my shoulder, "The royal guards have informed me of your heroics. It's quite impressive."

"It was nothing my lady," I replied humbly, "I was only doing what anyone would've done."

"There was some one who was similar to you many years ago," The princess seemed to think for a moment, before saying, "Where are my manners?"

She gave a curtsy, and said, "My name is Princess Aurora."

"Y/n L/n, your highness," I said, bowing a little before straightening back up, "If you don't ask, might I ask what you meant by that statement?"

She seemed to be ignoring my statement, "What weapon were you using to take down those beasts? I see no sword on you."

"Oh, my blade is this."

Fira's keyblade appeared in my hands in a burst of flames, and instantly Aurora's eyes lit up in recognition. She gasped, and she placed her hands on the blade.

"This blade was wielded years ago by...her."

I was confused for a moment, but then my synapses connected and my face lit up.

"You met Fira?!"

"Yes...I did many years ago, she saved my life," The Princess replied, "Tell me, how did you come to carry this blade."

"Fira, Fira granted it to me," I said, placing my hand on hers, "I...I'm missing a piece of me, and Fira is filling that piece. But for her to return, I need to find that piece, and she can lead me there. Tell me, did she says anything about where she was going? What she was doing?"

"I'm sorry," She said, running a hand on my cheek gently, in a comforting way, "I can see that darkness, deep in your heart. It troubles you. However, as Fira made clear to me, I believe that you will defeat this. You will become whole, and you will succeed in returning Fira."

"How can you say that?" I said, my eyes beginning to fog with tears, "How do you have so much faith in someone you've never met?"

"I can see Fira within you," She replied, "Her light still shines. However, it's your light that amplifies hers... She would not shine as brightly without you."

She cupped my cheek and forced me to look upwards, into her bright blue eyes.

"I can trust you, stranger, because your heart is strong. Because your heart is bright."