Chapter 33: The World That Never Was

*N/n POV*

I stepped through the doors of Castle Oblivion, though empty as it now was. The quiet was oddly reflective of my own feelings right now, as I mulled over what I knew must be done.

I stepped up to the massive double doors, the very same that Heartless Y/n had walked through when we first met. This time, however, there was a symbol on the door. It was half of a heart, and as I walked up to the door it began to blink as if it had a beat.

The beating began to get faster as I got closer, in response to the piece of Y/n's heart inside of me. The door began to slowly creak open on its own, revealing not the beach from before, but a town square of some kind. 

I knew this place. Not just a feeling of deja vu, but I could remember every small detail of the plaza. This was somewhere very important to Y/n, somewhere that his heart wanted to return to.

I walked through the plaza, my black coat waving slightly over the stones of the ground.

I came to a stop, freezing before a massive water fountain. My vision began to get hazy, and I could see faint, fuzzy outlines of a massive crowd in the plaza on all sides of me. In the center, standing on the short wall of the fountain, was a woman in a weird mask and a pink coat.

"Strange," I said, clutching my aching head, "What's she saying?"

She wasn't really talking, though her body movement would've suggested that she was making an important speech to such a large crowd. However, I could somehow tell exactly what she was saying, a ghostly voice ringing through my head.

"Keyblade Warriors, we are going into hard times..."

Her voice was choppy at best, coming in fragmented segments. It was impossible to get the entire speech, but I got the gist.

"...It will soon become necessary for us to fight... an unknown enemy..."

What? A society of keyblade wielders? How long ago was this?

"...Traitors abound... face true fear... the darkness consumes..."

I felt the pounding in my head only getting worse, forcing me to double over and fall to my knees. I felt the contents of my stomach forcing themselves up my throat and out of my mouth, dropping onto the floor in front of me.

When I was finally able to open my eyes again, I wasn't in the square anymore. I was on the same beach from Y/n's memories, the one where he would go with his friends.

I pushed myself up and walked towards the water, slumping down to a sitting position. My hands ran through the warm sand and the water ran over my legs. Even despite the pants and jacket I was wearing, the freshness of the area felt relaxing and perfect.

"Maybe... there's a reason why this place is such a beloved memory."