Chapter 26: Blonde

*N/n POV*

"So... that's the hard truth, huh?"

"Yes, unfortunately," The blonde, Namine, spoke, "Sora is here, right now. Marluxia is forcing me to change her memories as she climbs through the castle."

"And what makes you come to me with this?" I asked, "I work with Marluxia, after all. I'm gonna have to report this."

"But you won't."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you're her best friend," Namine said frankly, "Please Y/n, I have no other choice. I need your help."

"You're the second person to refer to me by that name," I sighed, looking out a nearby window, "There's clearly more to this fight than I know, isn't there?"

"Yes."

"Alright, fine," I sighed, turning back and planting myself in a chair across from her, "What do you need my help with?"

"Roxas."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Y/n POV*

"Amnesiac, jump!"

I acted on influence, jumping into the air as something sprinted under me. I came down and summoned my keyblade, holding it at the ready.

An Eliminator stood there, turning quickly to face me again. It charged forward at full speed, attempting to strike me down, but I was too quick.

I dashed to the right, flames surrounding me as I did. I quickly struck at its exposed back, slicing Eclipse End in a diagonal pattern across the exposed parts. However, it seems that my attack did more to piss it off than actually kill it, as it turned around and smacked me into a wall with a single hit.

"Augh, crap!" I shouted, "Damn, that hurt."

As I looked up at where I thought the beast was, I found it in a much different position.

In particular, it was charging. Towards me. At incredible speeds.

"F*ck me..."

As it came closer and closer, I realized that this was it. My final moments, spent sitting on my ass with a pain in my gut as some mother f*cking son of a bitch assfaced son of a shield carrying-

Hey, where'd that bastard go after he yelled at me?

Suddenly, the Eliminator exploded in a cloud of black dust, dropping to the ground and revealing someone behind it.

"You son of a bitch..."

"You're welcome, amnesiac," Lauriam said cockily, holding out a hand, "Come on, let's keep going."

I smack his hand away.

"Only my friends can call me that. You can call me 'boss'."

"One day you're gonna have to work with me."

"I'm doing that now," I spat, leaning on Eclipse End and pushing myself up, "And I absolutely despise it. Now get a f*cking move on, or I'll kill you and tell everyone else you died to a Shadow."

"Fine."