Chapter 7B: Aurora

*Fira POV*

The blonde haired girl suddenly wrapped her arms around me, pushing into me. I was barely able to support the sudden new weight, but I caught my footing.

"Woah, are you okay?"

"Um, yes," She said, stepping back, "I think I'm unharmed. Thank you so much for saving me from that beast!"

"No problem," I replied, "Where did you come from? Why was that thing chasing you?"

"I-I don't know," She said, pinching her sleeve, "I was just out in courtyard and that thing... it just appeared out of nowhere and started chasing me."

"Alright," I looked around to see if there was anymore Unversed around me, "Come on, let's get you back home before it gets too late."

"Of course," She dusted off her dress with lady-like grace, "The castle is that way."

I followed her pointing finger, seeing the massive spire of a castle out in the distance. I led in front of the girl, carving a path through the forest as we retraced her steps.

"I must beg your pardon!" The girl called, catching up to me, "I realize that I have yet to introduce myself, yet I'm asking so much of you."

"Oh, I didn't even realize. My name's Fira."

"Fira... what a beautiful name," She mused, "Mine is Aurora, Princess Aurora."

"Pleasure to meet you, Aurora."

"The pleasure is all mine."

It didn't take long for us to come closer to the castle, seeing the shadows growing above us. It was getting late in the afternoon now, and the sky was painted a bright orange. The forest was beautiful at this time of day, and I found myself bobbing my head lightly with the bird songs.

"I don't believe we'll make it all in one go," Aurora stopped me, "Plus, I can tell you're getting tired. You should rest, we can continue our journey after you rest."

"No...no I can-" I was interrupted as a yawn broke through my speech, "I-I can keep going."

"No, take a rest," She said gently, but firmly, "We will continue in an hour."

Her urging appeal to me, and I leaned against a tree under the shade of the leaves. The warm breeze washed over me and the bird song soothed me, as I closed my eyes for a short rest.

*Third Person POV*

As Fira's breathing slowed and her muscles un-tensed, Aurora was sitting nearby. She let a smile grace her features as she watch Fira sleep, before standing up to find a nearby stream.

Following the sound of rushing water, she found the stream easily. She dipped her hands in and cupped some water, holding it up to her mouth and sipping.

"Well well well," A mysterious voice said, "You've come quite far from the castle, haven't you princess?"

The princess turned to see a woman standing in the shadows of the trees. She had glowing yellow eyes and black horns that curved above her head. A raven was perched on her shoulder, and it gave a caw before flying off into the sky.

"W-who are you?"

"I am Maleficent," The weird woman introduced, "I've been watching you."

"W-why would you be watching me?" Aurora said, standing up and backing away, "What have I done to you?"

"It's not what you HAVE done," Maleficent smirked, "But what you can do, Princess of Heart. With your power, I could conquer all worlds."

Maleficent had been stepping closer to Aurora this whole time, slowly cornering the girl against the stream. Aurora's breathing began to get heavy, as her pounding heart began to resound in her chest.

"No! Get away from me!" She yelled, "Fira! HELP!"

*Y/n POV*

"HELP!"

I shot up from where I was sitting, the screaming voice echoing through the woods. Chirithy jumped onto my shoulder, both of us searching for the source of the noise.

"What was that?" Chirithy asked.

"I'm not sure," I replied, "But it came form that way. Let's go."