Chapter 27: Clock Tower

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

I have never played 365/2 Days. I'm sorry if this seems rushed or doesn't match the game. I'm really trying on this one.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Roxas POV*

I walked up the steps of the clock tower, my feet dragging as I took the steps. This would be the second week in a row that I walk up these steps alone, only to see none of my friends at the top.

Axel and N/n were still off on their missions, Xion had disappeared. None of them had even bothered to send a letter or anything.

So as I took the final stone step and walked up to the top of the tower, my expectations for what awaited me were very low.

And I felt my heart soar as I looked up and saw a familiar figure at the top of the stairs.

N/n turned around and I met my eyes, seeing them glow as we looked at each other. A tired smile crossed his face, as I sprinted forward and into his arms.

He held me up and captured my lips in a kiss, and as we split I heard his let out a sigh and lean into me.

"I missed you."

"So did I," He replied, "God it was boring."

"What happened?" I asked, separating slightly, "You gone so much longer than you were supposed to be."

"There were..." His eyes darkened, as he looked down and away from my face, "Complications."

{Flashback}

*Y/n POV*

"Xion!"

Sparks flew and lightening struck, as I watched her cut down another Nobody. I charged forward and swung my keyblade, just barely missing as she ducked under my attack.

She based the handle of her keyblade into my gut, forcing me to double over and allowing her to punch me in the face.

I rolled over backwards and pushed myself back up, spitting out a glob of blood as she held her blade at the ready.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, knowing full well how this plays into Namine's plan, "What happened to us!? Our friends?!"

"N/n," She began crying, "I'm sorry."

She charged forward and swung her keyblade at my head, missing barely as I ducked under the attack. I returned with a punch to the stomach, before sweeping her leg out from under her. She dropped to her back and let out a grunt, as I stabbed my keyblade into the ground next to her head. I leaned over her and held my foot on her shoulder, holding her down.

"Xion," I huffed, "I'm sorry too."

I pulled my keyblade out of the ground and lifted it into the air, staring her in the eyes as I began to bring it down.

Then, there was a flash of pain in my head, as Xion began to turn into something else. It was another girl, with long brown hair and kind eyes. It caused a pounding pain in my head and chest, as I dropped the the ground.

I could only keep my eyes open long enough to see Xion stand up and run into the darkness, the rain covering the sound of her footsteps.

{Flashback}

*N/n POV*

I sat on the edge of the clock tower with Roxas leaned on my arm, a tear falling out of my eye as I remembered what happened.

'Namine,' I thought angrily, 'What aren't you telling me? Who are these girls I keep seeing, and how are they connected to Xion and me!? An what about...'

I looked over to the blonde girl lightly snoozing on my arm, her cute blonde bangs lightly swaying back and forth with her even breaths.

'...Roxas.'