Chapter 34: The Organization

*N/n POV*

"They are here."

I turned my head to see Xemnas walking up to me, as I looked over the World That Never Was. It was truly peaceful to watch from far above, as the city did its business.

"Hm, so Roxas returns to the scene of her crime."

"It would seem so," Xemnas' deep voice spoke, "Xigbar will be the first to meet them."

"And where shall I meet them?"

"I require you here, in case they make it this far," He explained, "Out of our remaining compatriots, I have the most faith in your ability to defeat them."

Silence fell over the two of us, as we looked down at the city below. It was now quiet, the calm atmosphere replaced with one that made me suspenseful.

"Tell me Xemnas," I cut through the silence, "What is the true purpose behind all of this?"

There were a few seconds of silence, as neither of us dared look at the other. The air surrounding us had gotten deadly quiet, thick enough to choke you if you breathed.

"That is none of your concern," He finally replied, "Just do what you're told."

He turned and stomped off with a wave of his coat, leaving me to watch him go. A scowl took over my face as Roxas' and Namine's faces crossed through my mind.

"Don't worry everyone," I said, looking up to Kingdom Hearts, "I'll see you all soon."

[Timeskip]

*Sora POV*

Riku, Kairi, and I charged up the stairs, prepared to face off with Xemnas and who ever remained of the Organization.

My keyblade felt heavy in my hand as I remembered that I had yet to meet with N/n in the castle. If he was going to be anywhere, I had a feeling it would be here.

Maybe we don't have to fight. We talk some sense into him, get him to return to Y/n. Then, we can finally save him.

We can finally see him again.

I'll finally see his smile once more.

Kairi and Riku came to a stop, allowing me to pass between them and see what had stopped them. A figure clad in the Organization's signature jacket was at the top of the stairs, his face hidden by shadows. As if on instinct, I knew who it really was.

"N/n!" I shouted, "Please, give up! We're here to help you!"

He didn't respond, his keyblade appearing in his hand. He stretched his arms and began to walk towards us, holding his keyblade at the ready. For some reason I felt like I should move, but my arms and legs were like stone. I couldn't bring myself to get out of the way.

N/n began to pick up speed, his feet pounding against the steps. His keyblade was now held in a way that was prepared to attack, clearly prepared to end this swiftly.

When he got within a few steps, he leapt into the air, holding his keyblade up. I watched in slow motion as he flew through the air, throwing his keyblade back towards the ground...

Towards me...

...and then past me and further down the stairs.

Looking back, I saw that it impaled into a Heartless that was behind us. The Heartless began to fall down the stairs before disappearing in a black mass of dust. N/n landed on the steps behind us and scoffed.

"I always have hated those things."

"Y/n?" I heard Kairi say, "Is it... really you?"

"Roxas, Namine, Ansem..."

He looked over the three of us, before letting out a deep sigh.

"No, Sora, Kairi, and Riku," He said, "I have no intention of getting in your way. The Organization is dead, so long as you complete your mission."

"And what do you plan on doing?" Riku asked, "You won't become whole if we defeat Xemnas."

N/n let out a dry chuckle.

"There's more than one way for me to become whole."

"I don't understand." Kairi stated.

"I believe Y/n has had more than enough time to finish what needs to be done," N/n ignored her, "It's time to come home."

*Third Person POV*

Sora stepped close to N/n and wrapped her arms around him, pulling herself in close. N/n did not return the hug, standing there emotionless as he looked up towards Kingdom Hearts.

"We'll all be waiting for you." Sora whispered, before finally letting go and watching him disappear down the steps, as a black portal opened and swallowed him whole.