Chapter 12: Memories

*Heartless Y/n POV*

I stepped out of the keyhole, looking around me. The keyhole in Agrabah led me here, despite the fact that I thought it would take me back to the Realm of Darkness.

I'm guessing that the keyhole here will lead me back to the Realm of Darkness, but I have no way of confirming that other than finding it. I have to get back there somehow.

I stepped forward, looking around. There was a massive castle in front of me, and I sensed something deep inside it.

I slowly walked along the fragile bridge, surprised that this place could even exist

I slowly walked along the fragile bridge, surprised that this place could even exist. The castle was crumbling in on itself, falling to pieces around me.

I walked up to the massive french doors, shoving against them. The hinges were obviously rusted, resistant to moving at all. As I finally got the doors open, I came upon the immaculate room inside. It was completely white, white a single white door on the far wall. There was white columns that rose from floor to ceiling, and a small set of stairs that led up to the door.

Ignoring the strange aura in the air, I walked towards the door and up the stairs, coming face to face with the polished white door.

It was calling me, inaudible tones that wrapped around my head like threads, pulling me forward. I listened, pushing the door open, greeted by a blinding white light. When the light died down, I was on a beach, the sand beneath my toes. There were waves washing against the beach, like the ones that were there when I woke up in the realm of darkness.

It was a wash of nostalgia, my earliest memories returning. I laid down and placed my face in the water, feeling the cool water wash against my face repeatedly.

Suddenly, I heard running somewhere down the beach. I stood up and turned to face it, seeing the two girls, Sora and Riku, running side by side along the beach. They ran past me as if they didn't notice me at all, and they were quickly followed by two more people.

It was a boy and a girl, with the boy giving the girl a piggyback ride, were the next to come down the beach. They were both familiar, but attempting to remember them caused a splitting headache.

"C'mon Kairi!" He panted, "Can't you walk yourself!?"

"Nope!" She replied teasingly, "I need a big, strong man to carry me."

"You... suck..." He said between panting breathes.

"Thank you, Y/n." She giggled.

They continued down the beach, the boy panting all the way. That must be the boy that Sora thought I was, I must admit that there was a striking similarity between us.

"Nostalgic, isn't it?"

I turned the voice, seeing a man in a black coat standing near me on the beach. His face was hidden by the hood he wore, shrouded in shadow.

"After all, we were so happy back then."

"What're you talking about?"

He let out a sigh, "I forgot, you can't remember anything. Of course, my own memory is spotty, but yours is just especially terrible."

"Who are you?!" I growled, "What do you want?"

"Simple," He replied with a chuckle, "I'm the other half to our whole. You're my other half."

"Other half?"  I repeated, "What the hell do you mean, you bastard!?"

"Sweet god..." He shook his head, "Perhaps you are too damaged to be helped. Whatever, it won't be long until I'm whole again, with or without you."

He knelt down and ran a gloved hand through the sand, picking some up and letting it all fall back down. He stood back up, pushing on his knees to support himself.

"Alrighty then," He said, "Let's get you back on your way, I still need some time to complete us."

I rushed forward and swiped at him with a claw, only managing to snag the hood of his coat and cut it. He held out his hand and a ball of fire appeared, which he slammed into my chest.

I was sent flying, landing in the sand a few feet away. He ran a hand over where I had cut, noting the chunk of his hood that was now missing.

"Damn," He groaned, "This was my favorite coat."

"Then here," I replied, running my claw through the sand, "Let's make the other side match."

"Tsk," He shook his head, "Too bad, there's no more time."

A white light began to glow, blinding me as I rushed forwards towards him.

"Damn yo-!"