Chapter 6B: Sleeping Beauty

*Fira POV*

I came to a stop, stepping off my keyblade glider and onto the ground. Looking around, the forest around me was at once similar to the one surrounding the Land of Departure. However there was a lot more light, and every bit of nature seemed more colorful.

It was relaxing, to be able to see normal animals running by, hearing the chirping of birds, and the wind blowing through my hair. I let a smile cross my face, as I looked around the clearing I had landed in.

Master Yen Sid had sent a letter, telling me to come here. Whatever darker he was sensing,  it must not have gotten here yet, since this place was so peaceful.

I could see a castle in the distance as I dropped in, so I figured that would be a good place to start. I began to walk through the trees, pushing branches out of my way and reveling in the cool shade of the tree.

Suddenly, a high-pitched scream broke through the calm silence. I looked around for any source, but couldn't see anything around me.

"Where did that come from?" I asked, looking around.

"HELP ME!"

My eyes snapped to a clearing in the trees, as a girl in a pink dress suddenly tripped into view. She was running from something, and I could hear stomping through the forest.

I ran forward into the clearing, grabbing the girl by the arm. She let out another scream, as I pulled her into the trees and let go.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I-I think I am," She breathed, pushing golden hair out of her face, "W-what was that? It was massive."

"I don't know. Stay here, I'll go check."

I pushed her behind a large rock and walked out into the clearing, searching for the source of the pounding. It seemed to have gone away, as if the predator had abandoned its search for its prey.

"Where did it go?"

Suddenly the sky went dark, something blocking the light from above. I dashed to the side, rolling out of the way as a massive beast slammed down where I was, shooting up dust.

 I dashed to the side, rolling out of the way as a massive beast slammed down where I was, shooting up dust

"What the heck is that?"

Its left arm began to glow, and it shot out a beam of light. I backflipped out of the way, allowing the beam to strike the ground where I stood. The spot was scorched by the beam, and my keyblade appeared in my hand.

I ran forwards and charged at it, leaping up and slashing at the arm. My keyblade glanced off the arm, tearing out a chunk. I grabbed it and hung tight, as it began to shake and try to get me off. It was firing off the lasers and shaking violently, as I took slash and slash at the joint.

Finally I managed to cut through the arm, and I dropped to the ground with it. I quickly picked myself up, as the beast glared at me.

It leapt into the air and it's shadow covered me again,before it came crashing down. I quickly dashed out of the way, as a shockwave shot out from where it landed. It turned angrily towards me, and the wheel on its body began to spin rapidly.

"What's it doing now?"

It suddenly lobbed the wheel through the air, the sharp spikes creating a ring of blades. I ducked the wheel as it tried to chop me in half, only to turn and see it coming back for me.

"Oh shit!"

I rolled out of the way of the blade, letting it cut a tree in half. I let out a gasping breath, as it circled around the clearing and came back at me.

"Oh this is some bull..."

I noticed that the beast was sitting opposite from me, not moving or trying to attack anymore. I then noticed that the wheel was turning back my way, and I felt my feet began to flame again.

*Third Person POV*

Fira's feet caught fire, and the rest of her body followed suit. Her flaming dash ability came into play once again,  and she charged forward at the Unversed. It still didn't move, only readying itself for any attack.

She ran forwards at the Unversed, her feet burning and catching the grass beneath her on fire. As she came within ten feet of the beast, she jumped into the air and threw her burning keyblade at it, striking it in the eyes and scorching it's face.

It let out a terrible cry, unable to see anymore. The wheel came flying through the air, missing Fira and crashing into it's master, causing both to crash deep into the forest behind them.

Fira landed on the ground and the flames around her body dissipated. She dusted off her clothes and took a deep breath, before turning to face the blonde girl.

"My hero!"