Chapter 37: Return

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

It's been a while since I wrote in the main story, so let's recap some things I haven't touched on in a month or two.

-Ventus, Vanitas, and Roxas are girls, as are Sora and Riku

-Y/n's keyblade, in the keyblade war is called Eclipse End, and is actually the Master's Defender (Eraqus' Keyblade). I'll explain how the two connect over the next couple of chapters.

-Fira's keyblade is the one that is introduced in Chapter 1B. It's just going to be called 'Fira's Keyblade' and is going to be important over the next few chapters.

-There are four Y/ns (As of this chapter). Heartless Y/n, N/n, Keyblade War Y/n, and regular Y/n. All four will probably make another appearance before the story is over.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Third Person POV*

Riku came to a stop, the decorated keyblade slicing the air right in front of her. She leapt back as the keyblade struck the ground a mere inch before her.

When she landed, she let out a small grunt. She could feel herself getting tired, her muscles screaming for release. The young man in front of her seemed to be facing none of the stamina loss that she had, his posture displaying that he was having an easy time fighting her off.

Behind him, Riku could see Sora. Her head was slumped forwards, her bangs covering her eyes. The new Organization 13 were sitting above them, seemingly uncaring about getting involved. They were just watching.

"Sora!" Riku cried, "Sora!"

"That won't work," The young Xehanort said, "She has fallen into the darkness..."

"No," Riku gritted her teeth, "She couldn't have..."

"Don't try to fool yourself. No one is immune to darkness."

Young Xehanort lifted his keyblade high, bringing it down on Riku again. She quickly dashed out of the way, rolling aside as the keyblade struck the ground.

"You will all fall in the end."

Young Xehanort raised his blade for another attack, this time managing to catch Riku across the chest. Riku was sent backwards, landing with a crash against the floor. Riku could feel a pain in her chest, and the red stains growing on her shirt told her she had been cut.

"You will fail, no matter-!"

Riku didn't hear what Young Xehanort had to say, because at that moment he had been sent flying backwards by an attack from behind Riku. She pushed herself up on her forearms, watching as someone stepped out from behind her.

There was the scrape of steel on steel, and the clunking of metal boots. The person was decked head to toe in a bright orange set of armor. As they walked past her, a keyblade appear in their hands.

"No," Older Xehanort said, leaning down from his perch, "How?"

 The figure was silent, but held the keyblade out in front of them. Young Xehanort did not seem to recognize the figure, but held his keyblade carefully at the ready. The figure was calm, their body frozen like stone.

there was a moment of calm, before Young Xehanort and the figure launched at each other. They locked keyblades, sparks flying. The figure broke the blade lock and swung at Xehanort's face, knocking him backwards.

Before Xehanort could react, the figure surged forward and sliced horizontally. Xehanort was sliced across the chest, cutting into his jacket. Xehanort tried to slice at the figure's arm, only for the blow to glance off.

"Impossible..."

Riku turned around and saw Mickey standing behind her, looking wide eyed at the figure.

"Your highness!" Riku said, as he healed her quickly, "W-who is that?"

"Keyblade Master Fira!" He replied, "But..."

"But what?"

"She died ten years ago."

They turned their attention back to the fight, where Xehanort had gotten the upper hand, beating back the figure. The figure had dropped back to one knee, holding up its keyblade up to block the attacks.

"Oh no," Riku said, "She's in trouble."

"I don't think so."

Fira lowered her keyblade, and Xehanort took the opportunity to stab towards her chest. At the last moment she lifted her keyblade, sending it off towards her helmet and allowing her to go at his chest.

Her helmet cracked, falling to the ground in pieces. A strand of hair poked out, but it wasn't the face Mickey was familiar with. But Riku could recognize it instantly.

"Y/n!"

Y/n lifted the keyblade higher and sent Xehanort off his balance. He then took the attack and kicked Xehanort in the chest, sending him flying backwards.

"How is this possible?" Riku exclaimed.

Y/n held the keyblade at his side, the armor disappearing.

"Too bad you're efforts are pointless," Older Xehanort growled, "There's still more of us then there are of you."

"Sorry boss," A familiar cocky voice said, "But they're not alone."

Axel was standing above them on an empty chair. His chakras were hanging lightly at his side, as he smirked.

A smirk crossed Y/n's face, as Xehanort looked down at him with a glare.