Chapter 1B: Birth By Sleep

*??? POV*

I was falling. All around me was darkness, as I searched around me for anything I could stop myself with.

Suddenly, something appeared below me. A large platform, made of stained glass material. The platform was a large red star, looking similar to the wayfinder things I had learned of on my travels.

I rapidly fell towards the platform, until an invisible force caught me and slowly dropped me on the platform. I landed on my feet, looking around for anything that could point me in the proper direction.

I felt like I was floating on air, as I walked towards the far end of the platform. It went straight down into the darkness below, disappearing the deeper in it got.

Suddenly, there was a sparkling sound from behind me. Turning around, I came face to face with a floating keyblade. A beam of light surrounded the keyblade, and I heard a voice speaking to me.

 A beam of light surrounded the keyblade, and I heard a voice speaking to me

"Grab the blade..."

I reached out and grabbed the blade out of the air, looking it over in my hands. Suddenly, the shadows behind me launched out of the ground and attacked.

I acted on instinct, jumping away from their attacks and returning them in kind. The shadows were defeated in one attack each, knocked back and turned into dust.

"It is time to awaken..." The voice returned, "The darkness shall arise..."

I shot up in bed, the covers flying off as my upper body launched into a sitting position. I was covered in a cold sweat, and the bed looked as if i had been tossing and turning all night.

"What...what was that about?"

Realizing I was going to be able to go back to sleep anytime soon, I tossed the sheets fully off my legs and stood up. I shambled over to the bathroom tiredly, looking myself over in the mirror.

My bright red hair stood on ends, matching my bright orange eyes with bags beneath.

(A/n:I'm getting better at editing. Original artwork by Anini-Chu on DeviantArt)

Suddenly, there was a pop sound, and a piece of rolled parchment landed on the counter. I quickly unrolled it and read the message inside, recognizing my master's handwriting.

"Fira,

It is imperative that you return the the tower as soon as possible. Something has come up, and I need you back to complete your training.

Your Master and Friend,

Yen Sid"

I immediately recognized the urgency in the unusually short letter, and threw it aside. With a snap of my fingers, my keyblade armor surrounded me.

"I'm coming Master."