Chapter 5: Heartless

*Heartless Y/n POV*

I hopped down from my perch in the trees, watching as the strange monkey man jumped from vine to vine, swinging easily through the trees. Using my claws, impaled three inches into the trunk, to hold myself on the tree, I saw shadows moving in the trees above me.

I landed on a nearby branch that held enough vegetation for me to stand on, as Shadows and Sniperwilds dropped down and landed around me. I looked around at my fellow heartless, my scales pulsing quicker at the sense of danger their eyes gave me.

"What's happened?" I asked, "Have you found the keyhole yet?"

A screech came from the mouth of one of the Sniperwilds, as they began to attack me. I used my claw to slice one of it's shots in half, before being attacked from behind by a Shadow. It jumped up and latched itself to my back, clawing and biting. It did surprisingly little damage, and I was able to grab it with my non-clawed hand and threw it at the Sniperwild that was shooting at me.

My keyblade appeared in my hand, it's red-hot handle burning even as I raised it high above my head and brought it down on one of the remaining Shadows. I brought the keyblade back up and threw it forward, it's spinning motion chopping one of the remaining Sniperwilds in half completely.

I raised my claw and stabbed it through the remaining Shadow's head, before pulling it back out and catching my keyblade as it flew behind me. The last Sniperwild turned and began to run away in fear, before being turned to dust as a white-haired girl landed on top of it.

"So," I began, washing scuff marks from my claws, "You're the one who turned them against me?"

"Ya got me," The girl shrugged, "But to be fair, they like to follow those who have the most power. It's good to see you again, Y/n."

"You're the second person to say that," I replied, "Still don't know who Y/n is. The name's Heartless Y/n."

"Interesting, a heartless with the ability to wield a keyblade? How... intriguing."

"I'm not the only heartless with strange abilities, am I? I can tell just from looking at you... that's not your body, is it?"

She just chuckled, shrugging again.

"Perhaps, perhaps not," She turned and began to walk away, "Come time, you'll see my power is much greater than yours. Perhaps then, you'll join me."

"You disgust me."

"Glad we're on the same page."