Chapter 23: Waking Up

*Y/n POV*

*Y/n POV*

"Oof!"

I felt something collide with my stomach, forcing me to open my eyes to see what it was.

"Ventus!" I shouted, "Why'd you wake me up?"

Sitting on my chest was Ventus' Chirithy, as my own Chirithy bounced around the room excitedly. The little traitor.

"Come on Y/n," She urged, "Get up! There's a group of rookies in the courtyard!"

"Uugh!" I groaned, turning over and wrapping the blanket around myself, "I taught you guys how to use flow motion so I could sleep in!"

"Yeah, but it's a big group!" She argued, pulling on the sheet, "I need help!"

Letting out a sigh, I let him take the blankets, falling down to the wooden floor with a thud. I pushed myself out of bed and caught Chirithy as he soared through the air, placing him on my shoulder.

"Let me get dressed, then meet me out by the courtyard."

"Meet ya outside, amnesiac!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*N/n POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, recognizing the room that I had called mine for the last couple of months. Maybe a year. The walls were still mostly white, despite the desk and multitude of pictures I had kept from my visits to different worlds.

It was at that point I noticed the weight on mine leg, caused by the head of messy blonde hair that laid on the right side of the bed. Roxas must've been worried for me, no telling how long I've been out for.

"Two weeks," A familiar male voice rang out, "She's barely left your bedside since you got back."

I turned to see Axel, leaned against the corner. There was a stiffness in my midsection, caused by the mass of bandages wrapped around my stomach.

"Damn," I remarked, "How'd I get back? Last thing I remember is those Heartless closing in on me."

"Xion saved your life," Axel answered, walking to stand beside the bed, "She pretty much carried you back to the castle, defeated those Heartless before they could even touch you."

"Woah," I said, looking back up at the ceiling, "She's tough."

"Yep."

"How's it been around here?"

"Frantic as always. Xemnas has plans, the rest of us have no clue. The usual."

"Thanks for the recap."

At that point, the door slowly swung open. A familiar black-haired girl stepped across the threshold, nervously standing in front of it as it closed behind her.

"N-N/n..."

"Xion." I said sternly.

"Y-yes sir?"

"Did you save me?"

"O-of course I did, sir. You were in trouble..."

I rolled back onto my back, putting my hands behind my head and lounging back.

"Thanks Rookie," I replied, "You saved my hide, and I owe ya one."

"Huh?"

"Soon as I'm outta here, we'll go get ice cream. On me."

"Thank you sir!"

"Cut the sir. My name is N/n."

"Okay!" She said, a cute smile crossing her face, "N/n it is."

"Good," I groaned, "Now, someone get Roxas off my leg, I'm losing circulation."