Chapter 4B: Land of Departure

*Fira POV*

I followed Eraquis up to the castle, his shoulder supporting my tired legs. I could still feel the fire in my chest, a warmness that I had become far accustomed to over my years wielding a keyblade.

My keyblade had come with many power, but most powerful of all was my fire magic. I was able to turn my entire body into flames and dash into my opponents, destroying them in an instant.

"Fira, I must ask. Have you completed your Mark of Mastery exam?"

"Not yet Master Eraquis," I responded, "But Master Yen Sid intends to finish my training soon."

"Ah, so he has sent you?"

"I hope you're not disappointed."

"I've learned that not every meeting between friends can be for the best of reasons," Eraquis sighed, "You should visit with Aqua, Terra, and Ventus. They do miss their friend."

"I'll make sure of it," I said, pushing off his shoulder, "Where are they?"

"Aqua should be out training, Ventus will be with her," He turned to face me with a sly look, "As for Terra... we both know that he'll find you."

"Thank you," I replied, "I'll catch up with them, then we should really speak."

"In time. For now, I should go see Xehanort, he arrived not too long before you did, and he gets cranky when left waiting."

He stepped off on his way, and I felt that he already know what's going on. The darkness is strong enough he must've felt it before I came, and if not then he definitely felt it when we were fighting in the woods.

Letting out a sigh, I continued down the hallway. Aqua would be out back training, so that's where I was heading. The old halls of the castle echoed my every step, the emptiness that I'm still not quite used to for some reason taunting me.

It didn't take long for me to step out onto the training grounds, the sun shining on my face once again. It really is a beautiful day, as long as I'm not being chased by more creatures.

"FIRA!"

A cheery voice brought my attention back down to the world around me

A cheery voice brought my attention back down to the world around me. I saw a blonde blur speeding towards me, before something large slammed into my body. I managed to hold myself up, but barely against the force that threatened to knock me out for the second time today.

"H-hey Ven," I grunted, returning the violent hug, "How have you been?"

"Weren't you attacked earlier? Are you okay?"

"Eh, I'm having a little trouble breathing and it feels like I just broke a rib," I joked, "But other than that I'm good."

"Huh?"

"She's fine Ven," Another voice joined, "But you might crush her lungs if you don't let her go."

"Oh, uh... sorry Fira."

"You're fine Ven," I turned to face the blue-haired girl, "Aqua, it's good to see you."

"The same to you, Fira," She said, greeting me with a much gentler hug, "I'm glad you're still okay."

"Well it wasn't my best landing, but I feel like I held my own pretty well."

"Of course you did," She giggled, "So, what brings you out here?"

"I need to speak with Master Eraquis," I explained, "It's urgent, but I always find time for my friends."

Aqua sighed,"Too bad, I was hoping we could spend some time together. Well, I won't keep you much longer, Ven and I should continue training."

"Of course," I said, "Good luck on your Mark of Mastery exam, Aqua."

"Same to you."

I turned and walked away, back towards the main hall of the castle. I stepped through the quiet corridor, the pain in my muscles finally dying down and my limp disappearing.

I let out a breath of relief, finally free of the pain. However, there was something else I could tell was off. An echo of a foot print that followed my own,  a breath echoing down the hall, etc. Someone was definitely following me, and I felt a dark presence in the hallway, slowly coming closer and closer.

I quickly ducked around a corner and came to a stop, out of view of whoever was following me. Their footsteps suddenly quickened, dashing around the corner where I was hiding. I swung out my keyblade struck something solid, sending it flying into a wall. I ran forwards and placed my keyblade at my attacker's neck, holding them down with a foot on their chest.

"Woah woah. I yield, I yield."

I slowly removed my keyblade from his neck, let out a groan.

"God, you've evolved from flirt to creep," I said, offering a hand, "You really don't understand women, Terra."

"Sure, sure," He said, standing up and rubbing his neck, "But I'll wear you down one day."

"Hmph," I said, walking past and running a finger over his bicep, "And how will you do that?"

"Why don't you and I just find out?"

I leaned in close, bringing my face only an inch away from his. He began to make a kissing face, going in for a smooch.

Before I turned and walked away, leaving him kissing the air.

"Keep at it Terra," I said, turning to see his shocked face and blowing a kiss, "It's cute to see you so dedicated."