Chapter 4: Keyblades

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

So funny story, this was supposed to come out yesterday. Got my schedule messed up.

See ya in another life Brotha!

*Third Person POV*

Sora walked around Traverse Town with Donald and Goofy, having met the Final Fantasy crew and learned about the scourge of the heartless. Now on a journey to find her friends and close the keyholes of all worlds, she stepped into the massive courtyard.

She began to feel a throbbing pain in her head, and collapsed to her knees. Donald and Goofy continued walking ahead, not noticing as Sora writhed in pain.

When the entire courtyard was devoid of people, Sora's terrible headache began to subside. She slowly lifted herself up from the ground, suddenly becoming extremely suspicious of the world around her.

Every corner seemed dangerous, every blind spot seemed to be an enemy waiting to jump out at her.

She heard crashing and splashing behind her, and turned around quickly, brandishing her newly received keyblade. Turned away from her was a familiar person, with a familiar head of H/c hair.

"Y-Y/n?" Sora asked as she slowly inched closer, "Is it you?"

"Y/n?" The person said, "Who's that?"

The person swung around quickly, slashing a massive black and purple claw through the air at Sora's midsection. He slowly stood from the fountain, stepping over the small wall of stones that kept the water in.

The person revealed themselves to be about 5'9'', with black scales running down part of his body. The scales pulsed with a purple light, leading to his left arm, which was replaced with a large claw. But his face struck Sora the hardest.

"Y/N!" Sora screamed in horror, "What happened to you!?"

Y/n(?) just chuckled, his scales radiating with a purple light.

"Y/n, huh?" He said, "Heartless Y/n... I like that name. From now on, you can call me Heartless Y/n!"

"No... not you too," Sora cried, "Please not Y/n."

There was a click of steel on rock, as a keyblade appeared next to 'Heartless Y/n' as he was now known.

Heartless Y/n looked over and reached one hand out to grab it, only to feel intense heat burning his palm

Heartless Y/n looked over and reached one hand out to grab it, only to feel intense heat burning his palm. The handle of the keyblade was burning bright red, and only died down once Heartless Y/n moved his hand away.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHH!" Heartless Y/n screamed, "What is this?! I WILL have this power!"

"No, wait!"

Heartless Y/n grabbed the keyblade, heat shooting into his regular hand and arm, burning his remaining human skin. He pulled the keyblade up into the air, holding it aloft.

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"No way..." Sora said, "A heartless with a keyblade?"

Heartless Y/n dropped the keyblade to the ground, still clutching the burning red handle. He pointed a long claw at Sora, as he let out pant and groan in between labored breathing.

"Make no... mistake..." He panted, "I'll... kill you... then... I'll take your power as my own! Your Keyblade is mine!"

As suddenly as he appeared, he disappeared into darkness he had spawned from. Sora ran over to where Heartless Y/n had been, searching around for anywhere he might've been or gone. She was still searching, even as Donald and Goofy came up behind her.

"Sora!" Donald yelled, "What're you doing!?"

"H-he... he was here."

"What are ya talkin' about Sora?" Goofy asked, "You're the only one here."

"N-nothing..." Sora said, wiping her tears from her eyes, "Let's get going."

Sora looked up to the sky as they began to walk away, looking at the brightest star she could see in the night. Determination spread across her face, as she thought.

'Y/n, I'm coming to find you. I'll find all of you!'