Chapter 8: Heracles

*Third Person POV*

Phil walked out into the arena once more, shaken up after the last match. Cloud was hidden from the crowd, being cleaned of his own blood and healed of his wounds. Heartless Y/n stood by the side of the arena, now aching to get back in the ring and defeat the next person in line. The rush of the fight had gotten to him, and his scales were pulsing rapidly.

"A-alright everyone!" Phil called out, "We have an exciting match for the final round of the tournament! You know him, you love him, returning champ and son of gods, HERCULES!"

If the crowd had exploded in cheers when Cloud had walked out to the arena, this was the Hiroshima of cheers. Heartless Y/n began to feel his ears ring, as he let out a low growl.

"Alright, alright!" Phil cheered along with the audience, "And in this corner... Heartless Y/n."

The crowd went quiet, this time not out of disinterest, but with fear. As Heartless Y/n walked into the arena, Cloud's fresh blood still dripped down his claw. He dragged it along the ground, making the sound of metal being dragged along stone.

"Heh, a demi-god," He smirked, looking up at the taller man, "Perhaps you'll give me a better fight than blondie."

Hercules stayed quiet, as the two began to measure each other up. Once the two had locked eyes, a surprising shiver was sent down Hercules spine. He saw no remorse or mercy in his eyes, but instead saw the eyes of a cold-blooded beast.

A murderer.

Hercules said nothing, as the two took their stances for battle. Heartless Y/n crouched down, his scales pulsing rapidly. Hercules also took his position, prepared to fight for his life.

"BEGIN!"

The gong was rung and the combatants charged at each other. Hercules reeled back his fist as Heartless Y/n jumped into the air. As he began to come back down, slashing his sharpened claws at Hercules face.

Hercules managed to get the first hit, slamming his fist into Heartless Y/n's jaw and sending him flying. He landed a few feet away and bounced back to his feet, sliding his human hand against the ground to stabilize himself.

Rubbing his jaw, Heartless Y/n let out a low grunt and charged forward again, holding his claw out at the ready. As he neared Hercules, he slid down low, under the demi-god's defenses. Slashing at his ankle, he forced Hercules down to one knee.

He immediately leapt up to his feet and turned, swiping at Hercules' back once more. He managed to leave three large slices in Hercules' back, before he turned and grabbed Heartless Y/n's arm.

Twisting his Heartless arm around, Hercules managed to immobilize his claws and prevent him from clawing at him. He slammed his other fist into Heartless Y/n's back, causing him to arch his back backwards.

Letting out a grunt, Heartless Y/n began to pull his arm back from Hercules' grip. Fighting against the herculean strength, Y/n leapt into the air and used Hercule's grip to arch himself and land behind him. Using his human arm, he wrapped it around Hercule's neck and pulled backwards, locking him in a headlock.

Tightening his muscles slowly, Heartless Y/n begin to close of Hercules' throat. Feeling his air beginning to run out, Hercules used his strength to leap into the air and flip around, slamming Y/n under his back.

Feeling his grip loosen on his neck, Hercules pushed himself back up. Leaving Heartless Y/n in the crater, he raised his fist to the air, receiving massive applause from the crowd.

"Well folks," Phil announced, "It would appear we have our winner, Herc..."

Hearing a chuckle, everyone went silent. Heartless Y/n's chuckling evolved into an insane laughter, his body contorting and flexing.

"I... was right," He said, pushing himself up to a crouching position, "You are truly a demi-god. But even then, you're still mortal. Just like the rest of us."

A dark aura shrouded Heartless Y/n and his eyes began to glow bright yellow. When his entire body had been shrouded in the aura, his keyblade appeared, it's glowing handle the only part not shrouded in the same aura.

"You will die!"

Heartless Y/n charged forward, coming within a foot of Hercules before he had time to raise his defenses. Swinging his keyblade down in an arc aimed for Hercules' head, the sun only had a mere moment to gleam off the keyblade as it passed the top of it's arc.

The keyblade continued it's arc, speeding through the sky, until it came within half an inch of Hearcules' forehead.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl and stopped. It seemed over over for the demi-god, as the Heartless brought his blade down and prepared to end his life.

If only it weren't for...

Her.