Chapter 20: Memories

*Y/n POV*

I sat on the edge of the massive building, looking out over the town. It was really quite something, to see what so many keyblade wielders had built over only a few decades.

Of course, I know more about this town than I do about my own life. Everything's just a cloudy mess, with no solid land for me to grab onto. There's absolutely nothing from my past, not even my past friends who my home.

Except for the day I appeared here.

{Flashback}

I slammed roughly against something hard, as it jabbed into my side and dropped me down onto something cold and flat. I know that I fell somehow, but I had no idea how or from where. 

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around. I must have landed on the railing here, judging by the indented bar.

"Damn," I groaned, "I must've hit that pretty hard."

I slowly pushed myself up, trying to stand. I stumbled a bit and grabbed onto the bar, but eventually I found my balance and walking came soon after.

"W-where am I?" I asked, though there was no one there to answer me, "W-who am I?"

I heard something behind me, and quickly turned around. There was a girl in a pink cloak, holding a massive key up to my face.

"Umm..."

"Who are you?" She demanded, "And why are you here? This place is restricted."

"Oh, uh..." I stammered, "I'm... uh..."

"Y/n..." A female voice rang through my mind, somehow familiar yet distance.

"Oh, that's right!" I said, "My name is Y/n. What's your name?"

She didn't answer me, instead sliding forward and stabbing with the massive key.

As if on instinct, a massive key appeared in my hands and I knocked hers out of the way. She jumped backwards and put distance between us, as I looked at the key in my hand.

"Weird, what is this thing?"

"Eclipse End..."

"Eclipse End?" I repeated, "Okay..."

The pink-robed girl charged forward again, slicing at me horizontally. I blocked the attack as if on instinct again, my body naturally moving to attack. I knocked her key out of the way and launched an attack at her, stabbing towards her midsection.

"Enough!" a new, male voice yelled, "You two are so damn loud!"

"M-master!" She said, quickly jumping away from me, "I apologize."

"Geez, calm down Ava," The male, now revealed to be a tall man in a black cloak, replied, "Now, who is this guy and why is he on my roof?"

"I-I'm lost sir," I replied, "I can't remember anything."

"Interesting," He said, a gloved hand moving into the shadows under his hood, "Memory loss, huh?"

"Umm, where am I? And what is with the giant keys?"

"Oh boy," He sighed, "You're gonna be a piece of work."

{Flashback Over}

I felt something collide with my chest, sending me flailing backwards in order to keep my balance. I looked at it, seeing a half eaten apple on the roof next to me.

"Y/n, you freaking amnesiac!"

"Elrena! What was that for?!"

"Someone has to snap you out of your trance! Now get down here!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*N/n POV*

I sat in an office chair, careful not to knock down the carefully constructed book castle I had built on my desk not a day prior.

It was nice to finally be back in my actual office, instead of Castle Oblivion. It also helped that Marluxia wasn't here to yell at me for slacking off.

My eyes caught a picture that was sitting on my desk, one of me and Roxas from when she had first joined the organization. We had instantly connected back then, being the only two members of the organization who couldn't remember anything from our past.

Of course, Axel was the one who introduced us. If he wasn't there, I probably wouldn't have bothered to get to know any of them.

{Flashback}

"Hey N/n!" A familiar voice called out, "I'm here!"

I turned around, so that my back was towards the edge of the clock tower. I planted my feet and stood up, turning to the familiar red head.

"Did you get the ice cream?" I asked.

Axel laughed, "Of course I did. Have I ever forgotten?"

"Yes."

My turn to laugh, as his head and arms drooped.

"Fine, fair play," He replied, "Here you go."

He threw me one of the ice creams, but I noticed he had two more.

"Get extra this time?"

"No," He answered, "I got just enough."

"What do you mean?"

"I invited some one to come with us," He said, "Come on Roxas!"

{Flashback Over}

The door of my room slammed shut, causing my castle of books to fall over and onto the floor.

"Damn."

"N/n," Xemnas said, standing by the door, "I have a mission for you."

"Then knock next time," I replied, "What's the mission, boss?"

"You're taking the replica to Agrabah," He said, his voice never changing, "I expect you to test its abilities."

"IT," I repeated, "Is Xion. She has a name, you know."

He grunted, turning to leave.

"Don't get too attached N/n. Attachment will make you weak."