chapter 61

This boy is so beautiful <3
Also NCT DAESANG YASSS!

The sound of the fired gun reverberated inside her head and chest

The sound of the fired gun reverberated inside her head and chest. A shrill silence screeched between her ears as she fought the urge to drop to her knees and curl into a ball. Glancing at the gushing blood. Her stomach clenched, a soft gasp escaping from her lips.

She moved her right hand over her left arm too afraid to glance down. Warm liquid gushed out, covering her fingers.

Blood.

Ah ro's head moved in slow motion, her eyes bouncing from her wound to her hands. Finally they landed on the man in front of her. He was now lying on the ground. A bullet hole lodged in his chest. A wound inflicted by the teenager's guardian: Sola had managed to locate a hand gun in the car and shot the man accidentally grazing Ah ro's arm. Sola had shot the man. Killed him, but she didn't have time to mourn her sin.

Wordlessly collapsing against the car, she expelled a breath she had subconsciously been holding. Her heart hammered in her chest while she looked around wildly for her soulmate.

Ah ro forced her eyes away from the corpse, holding back a painful cry. Her arm felt numb, but now wasn't the time to count casualties.

"Hana start the car." Ah ro turned on her heels. Only to find her friend fainted on the floor. Ah ro cursed.

"Sola Unnie get in the car." Ah ro yelled as she threw open the back door. With some unknown source of strength Ah ro managed to pull Hana up and into the car. Securing the seat belt around her friend, she made her way to the driver's seat.

The orphan didn't even own a car let alone know how to drive one, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Where's Taeil?" Sola heaved not even questioning the ineligible teenager in the driver's seat. She glanced back at the other fainted teen in the back and placed her hand on her chest in hopes of slowing her rapid heartbeat. She prayed the stress wouldn't get to her baby, and even harder that the father of her baby was safe. Ah ro imitated what she saw Taeil and Jisung do when they drove. Gently pressing one of the pedals, the car rolled forward.

'That's the accelerator.'

Putting the car in reverse she drove towards where she remembered Taeil had been before he lost consciousness.

Sola grasped the dashboard to steady herself.

The car slammed to a stop. Ah ro threw open the car door while Sola reached over and out the parking break on. Realizing that Ah ro doesn't know how to drive. Ah ro ran towards Taeil's slumped body. She shook him knowing she wouldn't be able to pick up the man who towered over her.

"Oppa." She called in vain. Her voice shaking. "Oppa wake up." His face was decorated with bruises. His body dripping with blood.

She shook him violently, but to no avail.

Sola had gotten out of the car and rushed over to them. Pushing Ah ro away, she knelt down beside her soulmate. Retracting her hand she slapped him as hard as she possibly could.

Ah ro gasped. "What are you doing?" She stepped forward, but froze when Taeil sputtered awake. A soft cough leaving his lips and his eyes flew open.

"Taeil." Sola cried out. Her fingers grazing over his bruised cheek. Taeil groaned in pain, but leaned upwards when Sola leaned in to kiss him.

Ah ro glanced around in fear, every second that passed it become more and more dangerous. More people could come after them. And with one person completely unconscious, one person half unconscious, one person pregnant, and one person wounded it would be a losing battle. Making it out of this already was a miracle.

"Guys. We need to leave right now." Ah ro ushered the couple to the car. Taeil climbed into the passenger seat, he needed to get to a hospital soon. Sola sat in the back with Hana trying to get her to a hospital.

"Oppa, don't worry. I'll get you to a hospital." Ah ro glanced sideways at him.

"Ah ro they already know where we are. We need to get to the hide out first. I'll be fine." Taeil whispered out. Trying his best to hide his pain. He kept his eyes closed while gripping his bloodied shirt.

"Right. Hide out. Where is that exactly?" Ah ro mumbled.

She got no response her words intercepted by the crackle of the stupid walkie-talkie that didn't seem to work when they needed it.

"Alpha calling Doc. Alpha calling Doc." Taeyong's voice filled the car, blaring though the walkie-talkie.

Ah ro looked up at the empty freeway in front of her and then picked up the fallen device.

"Yes?" Ah ro didn't know a thing about walkie-talkie etiquette.

"Ah ro what's up? We got a message from you, but it got cut off."

Sola ripped the device from Ah ro's hands. Her mouth spitting out profanity. Taeyong's car knew that they were trying to get through to them, but they never checked in. Not until now. It was almost too late. Almost.

When Sola was finally done, she impulsively tossed the device out the window.

"Ah ro take the next exit." She instructed. She leaned back into her seat. She made a decision.

Ah ro turned into the parking lot of the closest motel she could find

Ah ro turned into the parking lot of the closest motel she could find. Confused about the plan, but she decided not to voice her questions. Sola was raging.

She tossed Ah ro her card and told her to get a room with Hana while she drove Taeil to a local clinic. They were off in a small village, right off the coast no where near the supposed hide out.

They car pulled back out of the lot leaving Hana and Ah ro.

"You good?" They both asked each other at once.

Hana had just woken from her unconscious state over an hour ago. Ah ro's arm felt pretty numb too.

"I'm fine." Ah ro passed her friend a soft smile.

So much happened in such little time. So much more was coming.

Were they ready?