chapter 55

HI, IT'S BEEN FOREVER.

Time seemed to freeze

Time seemed to freeze. Taeil could feel every millimeter that his chest moved as shaky breaths of air escaped between his lips.

The words resounding inside his head. He had heard it for sure, but he hadn't processed it. Everyone was as shocked as him. No one moved. Although only a millisecond had past, it seemed like the words had left the doctor's mouth years ago. It dawned on him slowly. His hands began to shake.

The slight quiver sending a ripple through his body. He pulled his fingers up. Creating a fist to stop the shaking, yet it shook harder.

It wasn't until he felt arms around him that he was pulled out of his world. He looked down. Ah ro was hugging him.

"I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations." Her excitement was radiating out of her bright eyes. She seemed like she was going to jump on the walls. Taeil passed her a half smile, gently pulling away. He followed the nurse back to go see Sola, but his steps were heavy.

Ah ro turned towards the others in the room.

"This is so exciting. A baby! A whole baby! I think we should name it Ah ro Jr."

"No way! Jihyo Jr. It sounds better too." Jihyo jumped in. The girls were ecstatic  Jihyo stood up from her seat and squeezed Ah ro.

"Should we go spy on them?" Ah ro shook her head.

"Unnie!"

"I wonder when they did it."

"UNNIE!"

Despite their happiness and excitement, the boys in the waiting room were feeling the opposite.

Sure the we're happy, but a baby? A baby when they're a part of one of the largest mafia groups? That was a recipe for disaster. Taeyong gripped his seat handle tightly.

This is why they are rules. The baby would be a weakness. Lately he was allowing too much weakness.

The gang. NCT was an institution. The boys trained long, hard hours. Racing against the clock to get to where they are now. With all the soulmates and sappy shit they were falling behind. To be honest, Taeyong enjoyed having the girls around. He would never admit it, but he did. It made him feel normal. Like they truly were a regular family, but it was going to far because in all honesty they are anything but normal.

For pete sakes, a bomb could be waiting for them in their home. Passing Mark a look he stood up.

"I'll see you back at the house." He spoke wryly. Brushing off the concerned looks the girls were giving him as he left. He had a lot of thinking to do.

"Just stay in bed, I'll bring you everything you need

"Just stay in bed, I'll bring you everything you need." Ah ro cheesed as she spoke. Standing up to fetch Sola a glass of water. They all went and talked to her and then she got discharged. Bringing her back to the Gang House, she was staying in Taeil's room.

"Ah ro, I'm only a couple weeks along." Sola threw her head back laughing. "You guys need to just relax. I'm still capable of being a functioning human."

Ah ro rolled her eyes, but her excitement was too much to overtake her irritation at Sola's disregard for her wonderful state.

"It's just that I've never seen a pregnant woman before. I mean i have— in the movies— at the orphanage we had baby's but I never got to see a pregnant person." Ah ro admitted. It was stupid but most of her curiosity stemmed from her lack of knowledge. This is what people did in the movies anyway.

"That's so cute Ro." Jihyo said pouting, "But Sola Unnie, you're so lucky. you're going to be treated like a whole princess for 9 whole months."

"Ugh I can't wait for me to get pregnant." Ah ro said thoughtlessly.

"Oh hell no. Not before me!" Jihyo said jokingly.

"No one is getting pregnant!" Sola said glaring at them. "You're both kids."

"Speaking of kids, I got homework."

"Where is the correlation?" Ah ro shrugged and stood up again, walking towards the door.

She closed it behind her, and walked down the hall. Her ears picking up on the relative silence in the rest of the house, humming she approached Taeyong's office. She was going to walk past it, she peaked in the little crack in the door out of curiosity. Spotting several of the members in their, she grew even more curious. Ah ro pressed her ear to the door.

Their faint voices were hard to pick up. Squeezing her eyes shut, she hoped she would be able to concentrate better.

"Ugh what are they saying?"

"Why? What's it to you?" Ah ro gasped as she spun around on her heels, clutching her chest.

"Jisung?! Oh my heart." Her pulse knocked in her head, as she glared at him and moved to walk past.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Then what are we doing right now?" Ah ro whipped. Approaching the stairs.

"Ah ro you always do this shit. You always get mad at me and you never even tell me what's wrong. Are you still mad about me showing up at your school?"

Her memory jumped back to the blood stained picture, but Chenle's words came back too. She swallowed the lump beginning to form.

"At least you remember." She lied about her reason for her anger.

"We were fine right after. Are people disturbing you still? Did someone get into a fight with you?" His voice deepened, his eyes dazing as his anger swelled up to his head.

Ah ro had seen angry Jisung. But this Jisung was different. His eyes were different.

Crazy.

He looked crazy. Biting her lip, Ah ro stepped closer to him placing her hand on his arm.

"No Jisung. Everything is fine. I'll forgive you because i'm in a good mood about the baby." She half smiled at him. Hoping her fear would stay at bay. She hated to admit it, but in this moment she was scared of Jisung.

Jisung locked eyes with her, searching for any hint of a lie. Pulling her in for a hug. He squeezed her tightly.

"I love you Ah ro. And I would do anything to protect you."

Even kill an innocent person? Is that love?

Yo yo yo!!!

I missed you my loves. I hope you enjoy this update.

Sorry to keep you waiting <3

AS ALWAYS ILYYYY