chapter 43

"What was that all about?" Jisung ran over from the volleyball courts

"What was that all about?" Jisung ran over from the volleyball courts. He had been watching Ten and Ah ro. At first he was worried Ten would hurt Ah ro's feelings, but then he was filled with jealousy seeing them laughing.

"It's a secret." Ah ro stuck her tongue out at him and pushed herself off the seat.  Her legs were a little weak, so she stumbled, but managed to balance herself.

"Can you take me into the water?" Ah ro asked softly. Holding her hand out.

Jisung sighed, he knew he probably shouldn't, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to say no.

Wordlessly, he reached forward and grabbed her hand. He smiled mischievously as he yanked her forward.

Ah ro crashed into his chest, "What the?" She stared blankly at him.

"If I could see you, you'd be 6 feet under." She joked stepping away from him. "Now let's goooo!" She demanded. Jisung laughed as he lead the way towards the water. He waved off Taeyong and Taeil's worried looks.

Everyone watched them, but trusted Jisung to be able to take her of her.

The water was just a tad on the cold side, so when the foamy waves rolled onto Ah ro's toes she squealed, squeezing Jisung's hand tighter.

"It's cold!" She announced as another set of waves attacked her feet. Her laughter was infectious as she became lost in her own world. She could hear everytime the waves got close and would try to jump sending the water splashing. It had gotten later, and
Ah ro's fun was interrupted by Sola's call.

"Dinner everyone!" They had ordered chicken and noodles to the beach thinking it was better than having someone stuck at the grill.

"Aw I want to play in the water a little longer." Ah ro tugged at Jisung's hand. The two of them had gone in pretty deep. The water was now till their knees. Jisung was having fun too. With a tight grip on her hand, he jumped over the waves with her. Laughing along.

Suddenly, Ah ro bent over and splashed water onto Jisung making the boy gasp. He splashed water back onto her. They started a full out splash war, laughing loudly as their older friends watched from afar.

Jisung got competitive and let go of Ah ro's hand. The girl didn't even need good eyesight to fight Jisung with the water. She was splashing him rapidly. Stepping back as Jisung slapped his palms on the water, she lost her footing and fell back into the water.

Jisung froze before rushing over to help her stand up.

"Yah! Ah ro." He pulled her to her feet, but even getting drenched didn't stop her smile. Jisung looked at Ah ro so fondly. Her small white dress, sticking to her body as she shivered letting the waves hit her again.