chapter 7

Jeon wasn't wrong

Jeon wasn't wrong. In the past week that you had been working at the corner store, you discovered the meaning behind his first words to me. Jeon is my coworker he worked the shift before me so I usually only saw him in passing. The older boy seemed to be dead tired all the time. It was confusing to me all he did was sleep at the counter all day anyway and he barely did the work. That's why this place seemed like hell. Whether it was restocking the shelves or sweeping the floors, I would find myself doing it. Not to mention the owner of the grocery store was a little bit of a pervert.

I only met him once and was hoping to never have to see him again. He came drunk and seemed like the type of person who always was drunk. Seungri. That's his name. Just the thought of him sent shudders down my back, but my prayers of not having to see him were left unheeded.

Seungri stumbled through the door knocking down a couple of the candy bars near the counter, filling the store with the disgusting stench of alcohol.
"What are you looking at?" He mumbled. The bottle that lead him to this was still in his hand.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at the man who signs my pay check and shook my head at him indicating that I was not looking at him. He put his head down on the counter and I think fell asleep which finally put my heart at ease.

I walked to the back of the store and cleaned up the tables littered with the trash that customers left behind. Just as I finished clearing up the tables, the bell on the door chimes indicating a new presence. I rushed to the front hoping that the drunk and sleeping seungri hadn't scared away a customer. My steps faltered at the sight.

Park Jisung. The ill lit lights cast a shadow on the side of his face. His eyebrows furrowed as his eyes went from me to my nuisance of a boss. His eyes lingered on me for a couple seconds.

My heartbeat fastened. I guess someone told him.

His eyes looked past me and then he walked towards me. I looked down at my feet not knowing what to expect, but with a gentle breeze and his cologne filling the air he quickly walked past me towards the freezers. I sighed deeply and rushed to the counter.

Jisung walked back to the counter and dropped two cases of the beer on the side. His eyes angrily looked at seungri before he grabbed the older man and dragged him outside. I watched as he dumped the elder's limp body onto the chairs outside of the store. I wanted to thank him when he came back inside but I didn't want to talk to him. I don't want him remembering me.

My eyes wandered to the beer cases that he had placed on the counter. Jisung was underage. As much as I wanted to just let it slide and not make a scene. I decided I should probably stop him. I mean at the end of the day he is my soulmate. And him hurting is me hurting.

"ID?" I asked softly. He scoffed.
"Just give it to me." He said coldly.
"Sorry I cant sell alcohol to people without IDs. His eyes narrowed slightly and he leaned in towards me.
"Just do it. I'm already mad." I don't know what came over me, but my mouth moved on it's own accord.

"Why?" He seemed slightly taken aback. He rolled back onto his heels and threw his head back releasing a sigh.

"Are you kidding me right now?" He moved to grab my hand, but I flinched back. If Jisung touches me then the soulmate bond will be complete and he'll know. When the soulmate bond is completed then supposedly nothing can break you a part. Not even death.