chapter 9

I've been doing research

I've been doing research. In recent years, people have discovered a way to break soulmate bonds. The biological, emotional, psychological connection- broken.

It wasn't approved yet nor do I think it will ever be, but since I am yet to complete the soulmate bond there is a slight possibility that if I found some underground organization. I could break the bond and set both Jisung and me free.

My eyes were strained from staring at the computer screen for so long and in the dark too, but the orphanage had one computer and it was only ever free late in the night. Plus if someone saw me looking into this I'd be in big trouble.

The email I had typed out to the mysterious company was sitting right in front of me on the screen. Taking a leap of faith, I pressed the send button. If they reply, we'll go from there. With that I went back to my room and fell fast asleep. Tomorrow was a Saturday and I decided to take the day off to spend time with Hana and Mina. The two older girls always complained that I barely spent time with them.

Sunlight filtered through the small window into my jail cell of a room waking me up

Sunlight filtered through the small window into my jail cell of a room waking me up. I rolled over towards the bed side table and picked up my phone.
Shoot! it's 12 already. I jumped out of bed and managed to get ready in record time. The girls would pick me up at 12:30.

"Hi cutie!" Hana said as I slide into the backseat of her car. Slipping into the middle seat, I put my seatbelt on and smiled hugely at my two best friends.
"Morning guys."
"Morning?" Mina scoffed. "Bruh it's almost 1 pm!"
"Exactly! Now where are we going?"
"To the carnival." Hana screamed out excitedly.

I felt excited too. I haven't done something fun in such a long time. Either drown in work or homework or both. I was missing out on regular life experiences, but then again what was regular? Our first top was a greasy food tent. First food then anything else. The three of us got something different and shared. We played the games while the food settled before embarking on the rides. Starting with the small ones, we excitedly stood amongst young children and judging parents.

"I'm so happy." Mina sighed. "It's been too long."
"I know right." Hana agreed. Nudging me as I nodded my head.
"We should do this more often when I'm in college with you guys."

After spending the entire day at the carnival, we went to find a place to eat dinner

After spending the entire day at the carnival, we went to find a place to eat dinner. We ordered and waited for the food. Conversing amongst ourselves and reminiscing about old times. The door's bell chimed indicating that people were coming inside. A cold air brushed over me. I looked over out of curiosity and found Jisung. Park Jisung. Park Jisung and his gang standing at the door. Jeno's head popped out of no where when he caught sight of his soulmate. Hana jumped up in surprise. Her eyes darting from me to Jisung.
"What are you guys going here?" She asked abruptly. The man who shoots people for a living, pouted like a child.
"I wanted to surprise you."
"I'm surprised alright."
Without asking for permission, all the boys crowded around us dragging chairs and seating themselves around our small circle table. Jisung luckily sat far across from me. It still made me nervous though. I had lost my appetite.

They ordered too and after eating we all head out to go watch the fireworks that commemorate the end of the carnival day. I positioned myself between Mina and Hana. Careful not to accidentally touch him.

We walked to a large field already crowded with people and sat down in the middle. The fireworks blasted bright All the colors you could ever imagine lit up the sky. I smiled unknowingly. This felt right. I felt at ease, I looked over as if I was searching for something. Someone.

My eyes locked with Jisung's suddenly there was a huge boom. The fireworks had finished the finale and the stadium lights turned off leaving everyone in complete darkness. Pitch black. I stood up stumbling around trying to orient myself.

Stepping into uneven ground, I lost my balance and tumbled over falling onto something. Someone.

A jolt of electricity went through me. I stood up knowing what had happened.
I JUST COMPLETED THE SOULMATE BOND!