chapter 8

The girl behind the counter looked, no felt, familiar, but I couldn't figure out where I had seen her

The girl behind the counter looked, no felt, familiar, but I couldn't figure out where I had seen her. I reached into my back pocket and watched her slightly flinch.

Does she know who I am?

I furrowed my brows pulling out the money. I slammed it onto the table. Of course she thought I would pull a gun on her. Before she could react I picked up the drinks and walked out the door leaving her calling for me a little taken aback. I could care less if I wasn't allowed to drink yet or if I was hurting myself, it was my life anyway.

Driving to the old abandoned house that acted as Dream's hideout, I parked outside and took the drinks into the house. The older boys were already sitting there.
"Took you long enough." Hyuck muttered out as his hands went straight to the two cases.
"Fuck up."
I looked around the room and saw that a few of the boys had brought their soulmates.

Hana, Jeno's soulmate, stood up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders pulling me into a hug. I didn't hug her back I was slightly surprised.
"What the..."
"Sungie how you holding up? I heard about the rejection." Her eyes look saddened almost guilty. I hated pity. I gently pushed her off and shrugged like I didn't care. I've gotten pretty good at not caring. Or at least making it seem that way.
I sat down. And reached for the alcohol only to have my hand slapped. Everyone looked slightly stunned at Jeno.
"I don't think you should drink now Jisung. I mean I know you haven't completed your soulmate bond, but basic things like pain and taste sensations your soulmate will feel and taste. And your soulmate's 17 she probably doesn't need to be drown in alcohol right now."
"Fuck up." I've been saying that more often lately. I held back the urge to roll my eyes. Jeno drinks regardless of whether Hana is here or not, so why is it different for me?
"Did my soulmate tell you that?" I asked, sarcastically.
"As a matter of fact-" Hana nudged him.
"I'm only joking chill, but seriously Jisung."
This time I did roll my eyes. I got up flipping Jeno off and turned to leave. It was always soulmate this soulmate that now ever since they all found out I got rejected. Why do they even care? I ran out of the house kicking a dent into my car door to calm down before driving to an empty street.

Moving with the wind, I'll at least forget for a little while.