chapter 70

Trigger-Warning!!! Reader Discretion is Advised! If you want to know what it is before you read, PM me and i'll let you know in case this is a heavy/personal topic for you. I want to make sure all of my readers are comfortable as this is no joking or small matter.

I would put what it is here, but I don't want to take away the suspense from other readers! So yeah feel free to PM me : )

Her breath hitched in her throat, as she ran away as fast as her legs could carry her. Everytime she turned back, he seemed to be gaining speed.

Ah ro gasped, ignoring the burning sensation in her chest as she rounded the dark corner. Aimlessly running. She took a second to look down at her feet and winced at the sight of blood oozing out the bottom. Fighting the pain she pushed faster.

He would kill her if he got his hands on her.

Looking back one more time, she didn't notice her demise waiting before her.

A cliff. Ragged edge, she slowed to a stop. Turning around with her hands over her chest. As if her hands had the power to make her heartbeat normal. She met his ferocious eyes. His lustful eyes. She gulped stepping back.

"Minghao no." Her voice cracked when she screamed.

"Goodbye Ah ro." For a second she felt nothing, saw nothing, said nothing, even her heartbeat froze. Ah ro braced herself for impact. Minghao tackled her throwing her and him off the cliff.

Cold air surrounded them, the speed of the fall shocking Ah ro so she couldn't even scream. She closed her eyes, Minghao's sadistic eyes glowering down at her.

But then she felt it. Two hands clasped around her neck even as they were falling. Nails digging into her soft skin. The limited air knocked out of her lungs as she choked. Her eyes shot open in the free fall.

"Ji- Jis-" It stung. It ate her up. "Jisung Please." She gasped out. Her soulmates fingers wrapped around her delicate neck as he mercilessly attempted to strangle the life out of her.

She squeezed her eyes shut again, this time she felt at peace.

No Minghao.

No Jisung.

She enjoyed the air as it whipped past her. she felt like she was flying. She was falling, though. And when she was finally enjoying and accepting the peace, she heard a crackle, turning her face, she flipped her body in the air now facing the ground instead of the sky.

Angry red and orange. Heat erupted from below her. A fire waging war, she let out an ear piercing scream as her body became engulfed in the flames. It burned her. It burned her so bad. But she was no longer screaming, instead her head was ringing with the sound of a woman and a man screaming in pain. Asking for someone to save them. She knew them. They were her parents. The were burning right before her and even when she pried them shut their burning bodies reflected in her eyes. She could see their bright silhouettes being reduced to ash.

And then it all ceased. There was no fire. No air. No screams.

Forcing herself to open her eyes, her gaze fell on the two bodies before her. Shot up and charred. She couldn't even tell which on was man and which was not.

Slowly, slowly she looked down at herself. Her once porcelain skin was charred and burned.

Then, she felt it all at once.

The fear, the choking, the burning, the longing, the helplessness.

"Ah ro? Ah ro? Ah ro!" The voice was faint and distant. As if it wasn't really there. Her mind playing tricks on her.

"HuffHuhuhuHuhhh." She wheezed. Her eyes flying open. Sweat lined her forehead and the back of her neck.

"Shhh. It was just a dream." A soft voice comforted. Ah ro snuggled deeper into the stranger's arms. "You're safe. I've got you now." It repeated. Ah ro sobbed silently. Her body shaking as she gripped the person's shirt.

"I'm never going to let anyone hurt you, ever again."

"I promise." Ah ro pulled away slowly. Her bloodshot eyes meeting the eyes of the man who claimed to be her brother.

"Kim Namjoon-sshi." She said backing away from him. The relative stranger. Tugging her knees to her chest, she hid her face away. "Get out." She whispered.

"Ah r-"

"GET OUT! GET OUT! LEAVE ME ALONE! PLEASE." breaking down, "please. please." Namjoon backed away crestfallen. It hurt him seeing his baby sister like that, but she wanted nothing to do with him.

It had been a week since, Ah ro was brought here, a week since she left the room. And Every night, she was gifted with the same nightmare.

She was cursed. That's what it was.

She grew up alone and unwanted. Her soulmate terrified her now. The person she looked up to most doesn't want her, she can't talk to her best friend, She had nothing left.

(TW: Reader Discretion is Advised) "Ah ro?" Mai softly called out to the teenager from the other side of the door

"Ah ro?" Mai softly called out to the teenager from the other side of the door. It was dinner time and Mai hoped she could convince Ah ro to finally come downstairs and just eat. She eyed the untouched tray of food still outside her door. "Ah ro, please come out. I just want to see your face."

"Ma'am," Mai turned looking at the maid with expectant eyes. "Ms. Ah Ro just left her room. She said she was going to the terrace to get fresh air."

Mai thanked the maid. She walked slowly towards the elevator in the middle of the house. She would use it to get the the terrace of their huge house. Stepping into the glass elevator, she turned and looked at the vast green expanses surrounding the house. One end of it blanketed by darkness as the sun began to set. But the trees closest to the house, on the other side of the fence, were glowing as the golden sun tickled at the leaves. A soft smile made its way onto her face. She hummed a serene tune as the elevator slowly began going up.

She glanced up towards the blinding sun only to be met with a shadow. An object covering the rays of light.

As it passed her, Mai stumbled back. Her eyes widening.

She screamed, covering her eyes as Ah ro's body flew past her.

As the elevator stopped at the top, Ah ro's body crashed onto the dirt.