chapter 21

It was around 1 AM when Jisung decided to return to his room

It was around 1 AM when Jisung decided to return to his room. The very room that Ah ro was in.

With twenty-one people living there, there was no such thing as spare rooms and Jisung didn't want to sleep on the couch in the living room either. Quite frankly he was hoping Ah ro would be asleep so it wouldn't be awkward.

Begrudgingly walking up the stairs, he fell lost in his own thoughts. For some reason, the scene in the dining room earlier in the day replaying itself in his mind. He felt guilty which was an unknown and rare feeling to him. Jisung was good at pushing his feelings away and that's exactly what he did—swallowed up any feelings of guilt.

Slowly opening the door, Jisung moved swiftly. Slipping into the room and then closing the door behind him. He let out a sigh of relief into the silent room thinking she was asleep.

"Get out." Jisung flinched at the sound of her voice, but managed to gain composure again.

"It's my room."

Ah ro groaned fighting her urge of wanting to strangle him, instead she picked up the pillow beside her and chucked it at him. The room was too dark for Jisung to try and dodge it so it hit him square in the face.

"Sleep on the floor." She demanded.

"Shut the fuck up. I am sleeping in my bed. If anything," he spoke, getting closer to the bed. "You sleep on the floor." Ah ro flipped him off in the dark and stood up. Grabbing the pillow she moved to go sleep on the floor. Brushing past Jisung as he made his way to the bed. Jisung sighed, turning to grab the girl's arm.

"Can you just sleep on the bed? Johnny hyung is going to kill me if I 'mistreat his patient.'" Jisung mumbled out. Ah ro yanked her arm out of his grip and tossed her pillow onto the cold, hard floor.

Jisung smirked as an idea popped into his head. He took his pillow and brought it to the floor laying on the floor a few feet away from the girl. Ah ro muffled her scream using her pillow and went back to the bed, Jisung followed suit.

"What's your problem? Can you just leave me alone for fuck sakes?" Ah ro wasn't one to curse, but something about Jisung always brought out the worst in her.

"It's one night. And if you're worried about me doing something to you, then don't worry I'm not interested in you. You're not my type." Jisung couldn't control himself when he was on a roll like that. "I'm into the pretty ones."

Jisung was always all talk. He'd just say things he didn't mean.

There was a small silence followed by his words. Ah ro frowned acknowledging that she wasn't exactly the prettiest, but Jisung basically telling her she was unattractive hurt regardless.

If it were any other day, she'd probably throw back an equally rude comment. Instead she found it easier to use actions.

Ah ro began kicking Jisung. The boy was taken aback by her actions.

"What the-"

With one last kick, Ah ro calmed herself down and laid flat on her back staring at the ceiling.

"Psycho bitch." Jisung murmured under his breath but in the quiet room Ah ro could hear it without much difficulty.

"Rude hoe." Ah ro quipped back. Jisung sighed too tired to fight again. He pulled up the blanket and covered himself and Ah ro with it. Ah ro kicked it off.

"Keep your nasty blanket to yourself."

"Fine suit yourself." Jisung scoffed. His room was always pretty cold and he knew she'd probably try to sneak back into the blanket at night.

Jisung snuggled into the warmth of his blanket while Ah ro shivered against the cold, but Ah ro was too stubborn and prideful to turn to Jisung and his stupid blanket.

She pulled her shirt over her knees, curling herself into a ball. When she was finally comfortable, Ah ro pulled her arms into the oversized shirt. It was still cold, but in her fetal position she had a small source of warmth.

Jisung made himself stay away after hearing her teeth chatter. After her breathing evened out he pulled the blanket over her too.

Jisung pursed his lips at the feeling of something soft touching and tickling his lips

Jisung pursed his lips at the feeling of something soft touching and tickling his lips. He sleepily wiped his mouth with his hand only to touch soft hair. His eyes shot open realizing the unfamiliar warmth he woke up to.

Jisung had his arm wrapped around his soulmate whose back was against his chest. They must have moved closer in their sleep. Jisung slowly moved his arm off of her. Only for Ah ro to turn around and wrap her arm around him. Jisung flushed red at the close proximity. He tried to push her off, but she was fast asleep and didn't budge. Jisung sighed staring at the ceiling with his arms tucked under his head, while her breath fanned the side of his neck. Jisung wasn't sure how long he stayed like that before the moment was abruptly over when Ah ro finally woke up and pushed him away from her.

"What happened to not wanting my blanket?" Jisung taunted.

Before Ah ro could reply the door was opened revealing Taeil poking his head into the room. He was glad that both of them were awake.

"Glad you're awake," Taeil pushed the bedroom door open further revealing a woman beside him. "Ah ro I asked Sola, my soulmate, to visit. Sola meet Ah ro Jisung's soulmate."

Sola was so full of love she couldn't help but want to squeeze the young girl as soon as she saw her. She climbed onto the bed and hugged a surprised Ah ro before ruffling Jisung's hair.

Sola was a five years older than Taeil and had a motherly instinct towards all his gang members and their soulmates. And after Taeil had told her about Ah ro and Jisung she was ecstatic to meet Ah ro.

"It's so nice to meet you Ah ro!" The thirty year old chirped.

"Taeyong will probably explain everything to you in detail later, but I thought it was important for you to know," he paused while looking at his soulmate he nodded at him reassuringly. "I know this sounds crazy, but the only way to get you out of the orphanage is for you to be adopted." Ah ro nodded. Of course she knew that.

"So since Seola and I are the oldest. We'll be adopting you."

Oh snap {*•*}

xoxo