you start to show

Jesy brushed the sleep out of her eyes and stood quietly in the doorway of the bathroom. She didn't mind waking up like this; to a bright smile on her face and the sound of you humming in the bathroom as you step out of the shower.

Your mood seems much brighter now that your morning sickness has stopped, and Jesy is happy to see you feeling more like yourself again.

"Jesy!"

She snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of your voice.

"Oh, gosh! I didn't know you were there! You startled me."

She parted her lips to speak, an apology on the tip of her tongue, but the words fled her mind when she saw something she hadn't seen before. Her already bright smile only grew when she saw your shirt riding up slightly, exposing the little bump.

She chuckled in disbelief and walked over to you. When she was close enough to you, her hand fell onto your stomach and she shook her head and gazed up at you in awe.

"A little bump..."

"I know. I just noticed it when I got ready to get into the shower. It's incredibly cute, right?"

"It's beautiful." She said with a smile and gave you a little kiss before kneeling onto the floor. "I can't believe it! I've been waiting for this moment!" She said gleefully as she brushed her hand along it. "It's even more perfect than I ever imagined it being."

You laughed as she kissed across your stomach and held her hand as she stood to her feet. She blinked away a tear of joy in her eye and dropped her forehead onto yours.

Reaching up to caress your cheek, she said, "I've always thought you're the most beautiful woman in the world but seeing you pregnant, with this glow and this beautiful little bump... I can't even put it into words. I love you so much, and I love our little one so much already, and I can't thank you enough for making my dreams come true."

You shook your head with a chuckle and looked away from her eyes for a second before looking back into them. "Don't make me emotional now. You know that once I start crying, I won't be able to stop."

She laughed and wrapped you in her arms. She kept her grip loose but still made you feel safe and secure.

"It's a rainy day out today," she paused and closed her eyes. The soft pitter-patter of the rain on the roof, your smell, and the beauty in this moment was one she wanted to cherish for as long as possible. "Anything my babies wanna do?"

"A movie maybe."

"You got it, baby! How about that and some takeout later?"

Your eyes lit up and you quickly nodded your head.

"C'mon, my love. Let's have a lazy day. Just the three of us."

She sorta froze on her feet when she said the words, but your smile grew just like hers did.

She could definitely get used to saying that.