she comes home from tour on your birthday

You pushed around the food on your plate and tried to block out the noise from the crowded restaurant your friends dragged you to.

It's your birthday and you know you should be enjoying yourself. You're surrounded by good food and good friends, but the one thing that made you the happiest was nowhere in sight. And that was Jesy.

You knew even before you said yes to being her girlfriend when she asked you almost a year ago that there'd be complications along the way, most of them caused by her job and the things that come along with it. But you never thought she'd be away on your birthday.

Truthfully, you weren't big into celebrating your birthday in the first place. You've never been into having tons of people around and a crowd full of people singing you happy birthday. You just love having the people that mean most to you around. And even though your friends were there to celebrate with you, it hurt that your best friend of them all wasn't there. Your own girlfriend wasn't there for your birthday.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" You felt one of your friends touch your shoulder. It was comforting, it came from someone who was very important to you. But still, it wasn't enough to take away the sadness in your heavy heart.

"I guess. I just really miss Jesy. I wish she was here today. It sucks that she's away so often, and even more so on a day like today." Knowing the way your friends were, you expected to be pulled into warm embraces and hear them say how much they love you. But they didn't say anything.

And when you lifted your head you could see the glimmer in their eyes. You know them better than anyone else, better than they know themselves, and you knew when they were lying or trying to hide something. And judging by the smiles they were trying to hold abck but kept failing to do so and the look in their eyes, you knew something was up.

"What's going on with you guys?" They all looked at each other and then back at you. "Nothing, nothing." One of them said as she tried to refrain from grinning, but she couldn't. "It;s just... what if we told you that she wasn't exactly gone for your birthday?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, planning to ask them what they were talking about when two hands covered your eyes. "Guess who," The voice was umistakeable. You gasped and pulled at the hands that were over your eyes and that's when you saw her.

Jesy.

"Jesy! What are you doing here?" You leaped out of your chair and into her arms. "What do you mean what am I doing here? It's your birthday! You didn't actually think I'd miss it, did you?" She grabbed your cheeks and held them in her palms, smiling as she rubbed ehr thumbs across them. "Happy birthday, my baby."

You leaned in and kissed her for the first time in what felt like forever. "I missed you so much! I'm so happy you're here!"

She brushed her nose against yours and smiled at you. "Anything for my girl. I wouldn't miss this day for the world. Now, let's enjoy the rest of your day, yeah? I wanna make this as special as possible for you." She said as she sat next to you and opened the menu, already browsing for the best dessert for you. She was gonna spoil you for the rest of your special day.