you are loved (requested)

When Jesy arrived home from the studio, she definitely didn't expect to be greeted with the sight of you sobbing uncontrollably. Her heart and smile both dropped when she saw you on the couch with your knees pulled up to your chest as you rocked yourself to try to soothe yourself. Your cheeks were puffy and you were so caught up in your own tears that you hadn't even noticed that Jesy had arrived home.

It took everything in her for her to not fall apart at the sight of you falling apart.

"Y/n?" She tiptoed over to you. She sat down beside you and let her hand fall to your shoulder. She noticed that your phone had fallen to the floor so she picked it up for you. It was still unlocked and her heart shattered when she realized exactly what had brought you to tears.

The comments were some of the worst she'd ever seen. Your Instagram was flooded with nasty comments, not just of people saying things out of spite or jealousy, but some of them being outright homophobic. Her breath hitched in her throat when she noticed that you had been tagged in a lot of things too and her worst fears were confirmed when she saw that you had opened twitter, only to see the same things coming from editors and gossip sites and bullies.

She could hardly see through the blur of her tears and she was actually a little thankful for that because she was starting to feel sick from reading the things people were spewing at you. She knew they were probably saying the same things to her, but she didn't even care.

She was more worried about you.

She locked your phone and set it on the table. She laid her hand over yours and she watched your bottom lip tremble as you looked at her.

"Oh my baby." She whimpered, heart breaking to see you in so much pain.

"What did I do? I don't understand," you paused as you choked on a sob. "Why do they say these things? Just because I'm in love with you and I don't wanna hide it away?"

Jesy licked her dry lips and cleared her throat, hoping it wouldn't crack as she spoke through her own tears and lump forming in her throat. "I don't know why people act like this. I wish I knew. I wish I could make it all go away. Not just for you, but for everyone that has to deal with this. No one ever deserves it."

She gently cupped your cheeks, catching the tears taht continued to fall and wiping them away for you.

"No one deserves being treated differently for who they are. Because they're in love or they feel misidentified, like they're not who they're really meant to be. I hope one day it'll all change and we won't have to be scruitnized, or... worse, for being different. But baby, don't ever forget that there are people out there who are rallying behind you, behind us. You've got people who love you, people who see you for who you are, and people that love you for that."

You cracked a small smile upon hearing that.

"One day, things will change. With how many people are speaking up and fighting for what's right, I believe that."

You nodded and closed your eyes as she caressed your cheek.

"And don't forget that I'm here. We're in this together. Every up, every down, we go through it all together. We lean on each other in good times and bad." She kissed your cheeks, relieved to hear you giggle when she did.

"And, most importantly, remember that I love you and nothing will ever change that. No media, no homophobes, no amount of hate; absolutely nothing. You're my girl, we're in this together, and I will always fight for you and with you when you need me."

You laid your hands over her cheeks and droped your forehead against hers. She pecked your lips until you were both giggling and hanging on tight to each other. "I love you." You said then laid your head on her chest.

"I love you. We're in this together. Don't let any of those comments get under your skin. Remember that we've got a whole community rallying behind us, always." She wrapped her arms around you and let her head fall on yours. "We'll be okay. I promise."