you're her sister and self-harm because of hate (requested)

It's not easy being Jesy's younger sister. The whole world constantly judges you and everyone involves themselves in your personal life and it's like they don't even care.

And the things people say to you are disgusting. The names they call you, the rumors they start about you. Your relationship is starting to fall apart because people are starting to go after your girlfriend now, spewing out nasty things to and about her. And you feel like it's all your fault.

You sat on your bathroom floor in tears as you continued to bring the blade to your wrist. You felt disgusting. You felt worthless. You felt like you deserved it.

But you didn't plan on anyone coming in. You forgot to lock the door and you regretted it as soon as you heard your sister's voice. "Y/n? Oh my god! What are you doing?" She carefully snatched the blade from your hand and grabbed a towel from the rack.

She wet it down and put it on your wrist as she tried to wipe up the blood that continued to pour. "What are you thinking? Why would you do this to yourself?" She cried and it made you break even more.

"I'm sorry Jesy. I didn't want you to find out." Jesy closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths to control herself as tears fell down her cheeks rapidly. "Y/n... look at me." You did as she said. You looked up at her, your teary eyes meeting her own.

"Why?" Your bottom lip quivered, you bit down on it to fight back your tears but it was no use. "I'm sorry. It's just... it's hate. Sometimes it's just too much. My friends are starting to pull away from me, my girlfriend is quickly doing the same. People say things about me, they leave really gross comments on my photos. There are rumors being spread about me. I deserve this. I hate myself."

Jesy sniffled. This is the worst pain she could ever feel. She'd take it all for you if she could. Hell, she's used to it. She's used to the constant invasion of privacy and hate from people that didn't know her, and didn't even wanna give her a chance. It sucks, but it's unfortunately become something she's used to.

But seeing you like this broke her. You're her sister, someone she trusts and confides in and loves unconditionally. You're hurting yourself and that hurts her more than any hate comment directed at her ever could.

"I don't want you to be mad at me. Please don't hate me." She looked at you with a shocked and worried expression. "No. No, no, no. Y/n, hey. You know me, you never I could never hate you. I'm so sorry that these things are being said to you. I'm sorry people are being rude and judgmental. I'm sorry your friends aren't really true friends. I'm sorry your girlfriend is pulling away from you... but you do not deserve this, not one ounce of any of this. I love you, I always have. From the day you were born, I've always loved you. And I will always love you."

You sniffled and she wiped your tears away. "Even though I've been-" She put her hand on your cheek to interrupt you. She didn't wanna hear you say those words. She let out a shaky breath. "Even now. Even if you don't love yourself- I do."

You didn't know what to say so you hugged her. you put your head on her shoulder and cried as she held you close. "I'm sorry."

She shook her head at you. "Stop apologizing. It's okay. We're gonna get you through this. I'll help you in any way that I can." You nodded and she threw your blade in the toilet before she flushed it down.

"No more. Promise me, y/n. If that urge comes back you tell me right away. Even if I'm halfway across the world, you call me and I'll help you through it." You smiled at your sister. "I know you'll be there for me, because you're the most amazing sister. I love you."

You put your head back on her shoulder and she dropped her head on yours. "I love you too. You're so strong and you'll get through this. I know you will." You nodded your head and smiled, for what seemed like the first time in a long time. "I know."