she can't sleep

Jesy laid awake, slightly envious of you sound asleep next to her.

She was a little confused as to why she can't sleep; she's been busy all day. Rehearsals, recording, interviews - she's been through it. She woke up bright and early and felt so exhausted coming home that as soon as her head would hit the pillow she'd be out like a light.

But no. The complete opposite was happening. She was tired, but she was tense. Already dreading the sun coming up in the morning and having another busy day ahead of her. She didn't wanna leave you, again.

She tossed and turned and stared up at the ceiling. But she was getting annoyed and frustrated. The only thing she could hear in the dark room was your breathing and as much as she loved the sound, it was bothering her because she wished she could be asleep, too.

She kicked the blankets off and went to get up, but your hand on her back stopped her from leaving the bed. "Jesy? What's wrong? Where are you going?"

She sighed and put her hand on your arm. "I can't sleep. I'm just gonna go downstairs so I don't bother you. Go back to sleep." She kissed your arm a few times but stopped again when she heard you scoff.

"As if I could sleep without you here with me. C'mon, lay back down. Let me hold you, we can talk."

Jesy felt a little guilty. She didn't wanna interrupt your peaceful sleep, but you were already tugging her back down next to you. She couldn't leave even if she wanted to, which to be completely honest, she didn't.

"What's on your mind, lovely?" You asked as you took her hand and pressed little kisses to it. "I'm just tired. These past few days have been so busy and I don't wanna do it all again tomorrow. I wanna stay here with you, be your little snuggle buddy and just relax for a day."

You smiled and started to tangle your hand in her hair. "Well, you do have a day off in just a couple days, baby." She looked at you confused. "I might've asked for you to have a day off. I know you've been tired, I was gonna surprise you after you got home tomorrow. I was gonna make your favorite and surprise you."

She rolled over and started to kiss across your face. "You did that for me?" You laughed as she kissed your nose, her fingers trailing up and down your sides. "Of course I did. Told you that I'd do anything for you. You've been stressed and you need a day to refresh."

She pressed her lips to yours and grinned. "You're seriously amazing y/n. I love you with all my heart." You kissed her and smiled against her lips. "Now do you think you can sleep? Just one more day and I've got you all to myself. We can spend that day doing whatever you want."

She pecked your forehead and rolled onto her back. She buried her face in your neck and breathed softly against it. "I love you so much."

She wrapped an arm around you and you put your hand over hers. All of her worries started to fade as she started to look forward to a day of rest and relaxation with you. She felt like she could finally fall asleep, and so, she did.

"I love you more, Jesy. Sweet dreams. Sleep tight." You said as you heard her breathing turn steady and even. She was finally asleep, already looking forward to a day off with her favorite girl.