telling your family

Jesy held your hand as you walked through the front door of your parents' house. It smelled like one of your favorite foods your mom always made you when you lived at home and often still makes when you come around, and it would usually have your mouthwatering and eager to eat. But your stomach is still a little weak sometimes.

Regardless, you're excited to see your family again and to finally share the news that you and Jesy have been eager to share. Jesy had the tiny gift bag in her hand. It had a framed picture of the sonogram you'd be giving them today. The perfect gift, considering Mother's day is around the corner!

You held onto Jesy's hand and took a deep breath before entering the kitchen where your mom and dad were at. At the sound of your footsteps on the floor their heads shot up, smiles immediately appearing on their faces. "There she is!" Your dad cheered and walked up to you to give you a hug. You tried to hide how uncomfortable you felt as he squeezed you just a little and the smell of his cologne overwhelmed you.

"And Jesy! Hello to you too, beautiful!" Your mom said as she hugged Jesy.

One thing you adore about your parents is how supportive they've always been of you. They welcomed Jesy with open arms when you first introduced her to them, and it was the same way when you met her family. It made you feel more at ease and more excited about telling them about your pregnancy.

"What do you have there, Jesy?" Your dad asked, noticing the tiny gift bag in her hands. She exchanged a look with you and you took it from her hands. "It's for you and mom. Just a little something we wanna share with you." You tried to disguise the excitement in your voice but it was nearly impossible.

"Do you want us to wait till after dinner to open it or-"

"Or can we open it now?" Your dad interrupted your mom, clearly excited himself to open the tiny gift bag.

"Now, if you wanna."

They set the bag on the countertop and Jesy wrapped her arm around you. Opening the bag, they noticed there was a tiny gift wrapped in some paper. They both tore it apart, but nothing could've prepared them for what was inside.

The golden frame with the picture of a sonogram inside. There was a little note attacthed to the frame that your dad took off and read aloud. "Your grandbaby is coming this December." Your dad covered his mouth as a gasp left it. Your mom looked at you teary-eyed, continuing to look between the both of you and the sonogram in her hand.

"Really?"

You nodded and instantly, your parents were running over to hug both you and Jesy.

"This is fantastic! Congratulations!" Your mom cried, holding onto you loosely as she processed the fact that you were really pregnant.

"My baby. Congrats!" Your dad said as he let go of Jesy to hug you. "I'm so happy for you both. Oh, wow. A beautiful little grandbaby. You're gonna be wonderful parents." Your dad rubbed your back, so happy and so overjoyed that he was shedding a few tears.

"You're glowing already." Your mom noted as she took a good look at you. It made sense then; that glow you had when you first walked inside. That was why. "How far along are you? Tell us about it!"

Jesy giggled as she wrapped her arm around you and buried her lips in your hair, leaving little kisses to the crown of your head. Your parents couldn't stop staring at the sonogram, and Jesy still found herself doing the same.

Your baby was gonna be absolutely adored.