morning sickness

Jesy awoke when you were wiggling out of her arms in the early hours of the morning. Upon opening her eyes she could see the sun was just beginning to rise and you looked a little green. She knew what was about to happen as you rushed out of bed and raced into the bathroom to empty your stomach.

Your mornings begin like this now. Waking up at some unpleasant hour to empty your poor stomach. The morning sickness has been brutal, but sadly it's not only in the morning anymore and it's hard to find much of anything that calms your stomach.

When she heard your knees hit the floor and you began to vomit she was up and out of bed, racing into the bathroom to kneel behind you and bring you as much comfort as she could. As tired as she is, you're the one carrying your baby and this is the very least she could do for you.

"It's alright, baby girl. I know it's awful but you need to let it all out. I'm here with you." She soothed and tried to comfort you by holding back your hair, rubbing your back or shoulders, and kissing your delicate skin.

Every lurch of your stomach broke her heart. She could hear the whimpers falling from your lips as it flipped again and again until it ended moments later.

You laid your forehead on your arm and took a moment to catch your breath. Your stomach seemed a little more settled now but you still felt gross and exhausted. You wanted nothing more than to just crawl back into bed and curl up in Jesy's arms and sleep the day away.

"You alright?" Jesy asked as she brushed her hand along the small of your back.

"I think so."

She nodded and reached around to flush the toilet for you. You looked so tired as you looked back at her. She bit her lip, gnawing at the skin on it as the pang hit her heart again and again over seeing you looking so miserable.

"Whoever the hell said pregnancy is a magical time of your life lied."

Jesy laughed and laid a soft kiss to your arm. "This is just the icky part of it, baby. It'll get better."

"You really think so?"

She chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "Well, we can certainly hope, right?" She watched a smile spread to your face. That brought her a little relief. That had to be a good sign. "Through the wonderful times during this journey and times like this, I'll be right here with you. I know you feel miserable these days but this will go away soon and, in the end, we're gonna have a beautiful little baby to love and adore. It's what we've always wanted."

You leaned your head on her shoulder and sighed as she wrapped you in her arms. "I can't wait for them to come. I'm so excited."

She kissed the crown of your head. "Me too. Now how about we brush your teeth and get back to bed? We can sleep the day away if you want."

"Don't you have to get to the studio?"

"And leave my babies when they need me the most? Absolutely not. The girls might not know yet but they'll understand that you're not feeling well. It'll be fine, let's just go to bed. The sun is barely up, the time is way too early for us to be awake."

You giggled tiredly as she helped you to your feet. "Can you tell that to my morning sickness?" Jesy smiled at you as you squirted some toothpaste onto your toothbrush. She held you as you brushed your teeth and rinsed out your mouth. You slowly walked back to bed and she made sure the trash can was close to you in case you were to get sick again.

"Need some water or some crackers or anything?"

"Later. Right now we just want cuddles."

Her smile was bigger than you'd ever seen before upon hearing the word 'we' fall from your lips so sweetly.

"That I can do." She said as she fell back into bed with you. She made sure her arm was loosely wrapped around you, just in case you felt that you needed to move out of her arms at any time again.

"Love you, my babies."

You let your head fall to her chest and focused on her fingers running through your hair as you quickly drifted off to sleep again. "We love you too, Jesy. So much."