telling her mom

A warm feeling spread through your heart when Janice walked through the front door and Jesy was instantly throwing her arms around her. You stepped back and let them have their special moment. You know Jesy has missed her mom lots.

"I'm so happy you're here," Jesy said when she pulled back and started to walk over to you, her mom following right behind her.

"Me too! I've missed you. Oh, and Y/N! Oh, you look beautiful as always, sweetheart." Janice smiled as she pulled you into a hug. "I always love coming to see you both."

Jesy cleared her throat and squeezed your hand. "Uh, actually mum, it's not just the two of us anymore..." she trailed off, causing her mom to furrow her eyebrows. "We have something for you!"

You grabbed the tiny little gift bag that you and Jesy had set aside for this special moment. You handed it to her and watched her eyes light up. She quickly opened the bag and pulled the gift out from the bottom.

She unwrapped it excitedly and she giggled upon seeing a white onesie.

"Read it aloud!" Jesy grinned and watched her mom unfold it to see what was written on the front.

She cleared her throat and read: "Will you be my grandma?" that you and Jesy had painted onto the white fabric. She gasped when the words sank in. Covering her mouth, the clothing slid right out of her fingertips and onto the countertop.

You turned the framed sonogram photo that you and Jesy set up and faced toward you both just last night. Her mom had tears in her eyes as she took a good look at the photo in the gold frame. "You're pregnant?"

You nodded excitedly.

"You're gonna be a grandma! This December!"

"Oh! This is so incredible! C'mere, you two!" She moved to hug you both, her grip on you a little looser than the one she had on Jesy. "Congratulations! You're gonna be such wonderful parents." She chuckled tearfully and gazed at you. "Look at you. Glowing already! Congratulations, lovely." She rubbed your back and then looked at the sonogram again.

"You better have an extra one of these! I'm gonna hang it right on the wall, or maybe even put it on the shelf by the fireplace for people to see when someone comes over!"

You and Jesy laughed.

"My baby is having a baby. How beautiful. I'm so happy for you both!" She said gleefully, hugging Jesy, and reminding you once again how lucky your baby is gonna be to be surrounded by so many people that love and adore them endlessly.