finding out the gender of your baby (requested)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I'm excited to be continuing with this series!

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Jesy's head quickly turned as yet another shadow walked by the room. She threw her head back with a groan as she heard the footsteps walk past the door instead of the sound of the knock on the door from the doctor, which she's impatiently waiting to hear.

"Jesy, be patient." You giggled as you squeezed her hand, to which she put her forehead on your shoulder with a pout before brushing her lips over your skin.

"I can't. I'm so excited! We've been waiting so long for this day to come and it's finally here. How am I supposed to be patient when I'm so excited to find out?" She questioned as she looked at you with sad eyes.

You didn't even have the chance to answer her, because the knock from the doctor sounded on the door before she walked inside and Jesy's eyes lit up.

"Sorry I'm running late. I know you must be very excited."

Jesy answered for you, quickly nodding her head happily, and the doctor just giggled.

"It's a very exciting time. Let's not keep you waiting any longer."

You lied back and Jesy was quick to take ahold of your hand into hers.

She bounced her knee, watching with wide and curious eyes as she watched your baby appear on the screen, amazed by how it gets bigger every day. Now the size of a bell pepper, she nearly shed a tear from the utter happiness she felt over how real it was all becoming.

She squeezed your hand and watched the wand move along your stomach before your doctor looked at the both of you.

"Ready?"

"Yes!" Jesy answered happily and only a moment later, her heart began to pound as your doctor said,

"Girl."

You both gasped and you felt her hand shaking in yours.

"You hear that? A girl, y/n," she smiled through the tears welling up in her eyes before she leaned down to kiss your cheek, giggling as you brushed your thumbs below her eyes.

"Sorry, I can't help but shed a tear. I've been so excited, so impatient to find out. It feels so surreal." She whispered to you as her heart melted in her chest as she continued to think about your little girl, who would be joining the world and finally be in her arms in just a few more months.

"Congratulations. Perfectly healthy, too." The doctor grinned and then stared at the both of you before she tilted her head and said, "I'm just going to guess and say you want some pictures, right?"

You both nodded and she walked out of the room, allowing for you both to have a moment.

You both stared at each other in silence after she helped you sit up before she threw her arms around you as carefully as she could, holding you securely but loosely so she wouldn't hurt your baby.

Your little girl.

"It's happening..." Jesy smiled. "I can't wait. I've never been so happy!"

"Me neither." You said as you dropped your cheek onto her shoulder.

"Are you tired at all?" She wondered and her smile only grew when you shook your head. "Maybe, we could go do some baby shopping after this. Get some lunch and look for things for our little girl."

"I'd love to!" You grinned as you dropped your forehead onto hers, feeling your heart flutter as she brushed her hand along your stomach and began to talk to your little girl, telling her how she couldn't wait to meet her so soon, and how loved she already is.