kissing under the mistletoe

You entered the house after a day out doing some last-minute Christmas shopping. The smell of cookies lingered in the air and you had no choice but to follow where the smell was coming from.

You saw Jesy in the kitchen humming along to Santa baby and it made you giggle. She turned around, her ears perking up at the familiar and beautiful sound. "Hey, beautiful! You're home!" She kissed your cheek. "Did you have a good day? Get more gifts?" You nodded and peeked over her shoulder to see if you could find out what kind of cookies she was making.

"You're making cookies?" Jesy chuckled at your excitement. "Not just any cookies, I'm making your favorite cookies." She smiled. "That's so sweet. Have you done anything else today?" She grinned, her eyes lighting up when you asked her that question. "Well, now that you mention it, yes I did."

She grabbed your hand and led you to the doorway of the kitchen. "Look up," she said and when you did you saw some mistletoe hanging above you. "Cheeky" you teased before leaning in to kiss her.

Jesy melted into the kiss and moved her hands to your waist to bring you a little closer to her. But your kissing was interrupted by the timer going off. Jesy playfully rolled her eyes as she pulled away and ran to the oven to make sure that nothing burned. She expected to find you standing next to her so when she looked back to find you standing in the exact same spot, right near the mistletoe, she smirked a little.

"Come back here. I'm not done yet" you grinned, pulling on her hand when she was close enough. "Good, 'cause neither am I." She said before kissing you again, not letting anything else come between you and the mistletoe.