Chapter 17

"I have a surprise." Cat said. We were sitting in Barrett and Kerry's dressing room and giggling. Barrett had walked in to me kissing her cheek a few times.

"You know I love surprises, love." I said. Cat smiled and dug in her backpack. She handed me a small bag with tissue paper in it.

"What is this?" I asked, about to open it. Cat softly smiled and said, "This is special." I opened the bag and inside it was a small box.

"Gee, thanks. I love it." I said sarcastically. Cat giggled furiously and said, "There's something in the box, genius." I laughed and opened the box.

A necklace fell out. It had a violin on it with a rose through it. "Oh my God, Cat, this is beautiful." I gushed. Cat smiled and said, "Turn it around."

The necklace was engraved, and I read the engraving.

Matilda,
Stay beautiful, my love of my life. Keep smiling. I love you.
~Catlynn Sunshine McLemore.

"Thank you so much. I'm serious. I don't know what to say. I love you so much. Sorry, I'm getting awkward. I'll stop now." I said, talking quicker and quicker with every sentence. Cat cut me off by kissing my cheek. "You're so cute when you're embarrassed." she gushed. "And I have another surprise."

"Oh no, Cat. What did you do?" I asked. Cat didn't answer, and just simply grabbed my hand. She ran to the front of the theater and covered my eyes.

"3...2...1...open your eyes!" Cat said. I opened my eyes, and I screamed.

My sisters were there.

"Rosie! Sloan!" I yelled, running to hug them. I picked up Rosie and kissed her cheek. "Is Sloan taking good care of you?" I asked. Rosie excitedly nodded and said, "Sloan's a good big sister. But not as good as you." I looked to Sloan, who just swayed awkwardly on her feet.

"Hi, Sloan." I said, waving to her. Sloan waved back but something seemed off about her. I grabbed my sister's hand, but she slapped it away.

"What's going on?" I harshly whispered to her.

"I'm scared, Tilly." she said softly. Tears formed in her eyes and I hugged her. "What are you scared of, Sloan?"

"That Mommy's gonna kick me out, like she did to you." Sloan said. I sighed, and said, "The only reason she kicked me out was because she couldn't support 3 kids. It was for the best. I'm with some really good people, I have a girlfriend, and I'm the happiest I have ever been. That's not to say I forgot about you, I miss you and Rosie with my whole heart." Sloan sighed and hugged me.

"I miss you." she said.

"I miss you too. But it was really nice of Cat to let me see you. Cat's a really nice girl." I said.

"She's the girlfriend?" Sloan asked, and I waved Cat over. "Sloan, this is Catlynn McLemore, my girlfriend. Cat, this is Sloan, my sister." Cat waved and hugged my sisters. "Hi!" Cat said.

"Hi." Rosie said shyly. "You're really pretty." she said. Cat smiled and blushed, I knew she wasn't used to compliments from people outside her family. "Thank you! You are too." Cat said awkwardly. I flashed her a thumbs-up and she chuckled.

Sloan pulled out her iPod and checked something. "Rosie, we have to go. Mommy wants us home." Rosie nodded and hugged me tightly. I kissed my sister's head and said, "Stay strong, Rosie. I'll see you soon." I hugged Sloan, and she waved at me as she left with Rosie.

"They're nice girls. You raised them well." Cat said. "Wow, I cannot believe I just said that." I chuckled, and said, "Thanks. I sort of had to raise Rosie." Cat nodded, and said, "Hey, Tilda, do you want to bother my brother with me?" I nodded, and Cat pulled out her phone.

"Evan. Evan. Evan. Evan. Evan. Evan. Evan." Cat said over and over once Evan picked up. I waved and Evan said, "Aww, you made a friend! Hey, friend!"

"Hi. I'm Matilda." I said. Cat winked at me and Evan squealed. "Cat...do you have a crush?" he asked. Well yes, but actually no. I said to myself.

"Shut up! What is with you and thinking I'm in love with all of my friends?" Cat asked. Evan laughed and said, "Well, you are a huge flirt."

"No, I'm not." Cat said. "I have to go. Curfew."

"You have a curfew?" I asked.

"I have to be back home by 9. That's also my bedtime. I'm 16 and still have a bedtime." Cat said. I laughed and Cat hung up on Evan.

I hugged my girlfriend as she left the theater.

__________

"So? How was the date?" Grey said, getting in my face. Barrett was next to him, smiling like an idiot.

"Guys, you cannot assume that every time Cat comes over, we're having a date. Barrett, were you this weird with Cat when she was dating Ethan?" Barrett laughed and said, "No. Evan was, but the rest of us didn't care. We all had a feeling that relationship wouldn't last long. Cat's very easily manipulated, and we knew that Ethan was taking advantage of that. But none of us had the heart to tell her that. Don't tell her I said that, though."

I nodded, and Grey went back to his pestering. "Nice necklace." he said. I think he knew who I got it from.

"Thanks." I said. Barrett ran behind me and took my necklace off and handed it to Grey. "Aww, look! Cat wrote a cute message on the back!"

"You two! Shush!" I yelled.

"Okay, lovebird. You need to get to bed." Grey said, leading me to my room. As I unmade my bed, I noticed something fall out of my blanket. It was a rolled up, signed Heathers poster. As I unrolled it, a note fell out of it.

I pulled some strings ;) Love you. ~Cat.

I chuckled and hung the poster up, putting Cat's note on my desk.

God, I loved that girl.

AN: Cat and Matilda make the cutest couple. The smol bean couple. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!