Chapter 14

I was meeting the Heathers cast today. Cat had invited me over, and I was a mix of excited and nervous. I wanted to look nice, just in case Cat did like me back.

"Why are you so dressed up? Cat lives in a T-shirt and sweatpants!" Barrett laughed. I blushed, and Barrett said, "Oh, I get it! You want to make a good first impression. Cat's ex-boyfriend was the same way. He was so formal that it made all of us a little uncomfortable. Cat found it adorable."

"Of course Cat found it adorable." I said.

"Cat's a huge flirt, just saying. It's why her and Ethan made such a cute couple. And as her sister, I am obligated to say that Cat does have feelings for you. I can see it in her eyes."

"Come on, Barrett. Cat does not like me that way." I said, laughing.

"Trust me. She does this cute adorable smile whenever she likes someone. And she's been doing it a lot lately. Elle's been on her case about it since I think the day you two met." Barrett said. "I don't think she wants to admit that she likes a girl."

"Barrett. She doesn't have to admit anything because she doesn't like me that way! We're just friends, sheesh!" I said.

"Mmm-hmm." Barrett said, laughing. "We have to go."

"Oh my God. This is actually happening." I said to myself.

"Are you saying that because you're meeting the Heathers cast or are you saying that because you're seeing your crush?" Barrett said.

"A little of both." I smirked.

"Come on, lovebird. Let's go." Barrett said, dragging me by the arm.

__________

"Tilda!" Cat yelled from behind the door once we knocked on her apartment door. "Elle! Tilda's here!" The door opened and Cat hugged me. She was wearing a sweatshirt that said, "Hamilton Middle School Music" on it, and a Heathers shirt on underneath it. She was also wearing a pair of gray sweatpants that looked like they were hand-me-downs.

I looked down at my own outfit. I was wearing a Be More Chill shirt underneath a black jean jacket with my ripped black skinny jeans. Much more put-together and formal than Cat's outfit.

"You look nice. How many Be More Chill shirts do you own?" Cat asked.

"Oh, I ordered a bunch online like last year." I said. "How many Heathers shirts do you own?"

"Oh, I technically 'own' none of them! I stole these all from my family and they still haven't asked for them back." Cat cackled, and said, "Yeah, I steal a lot of clothes from my family. That reminds me, I have some clothes I want to give you. I'm much taller than you, I hit my growth spurt when I was in eighth grade. I used to be Elle's height, now I'm an inch shorter than Barrett! Probably why my middle school band sweatshirt looks so small on me."

I walked into the apartment, and Jessica Keenan Wynn waved at me.

"You're...I know you're named after a book character." Jessica said.

"Matilda." I said shyly. Jessica looked at Elle, smiling.

"You didn't tell them, did you?" I harshly whispered to Barrett.

"Maybe, maybe not. Just kidding. I didn't tell them." Barrett said. I sighed, and said, "Good." Cat skipped over to me and grabbed me by the arm.

"Come see my room!" Cat yelled, and dragged me to a bedroom door. She opened it, and I saw a nice bed with a gray and white floral comforter. There was a white desk in the corner, a backpack, and Cat's blankie was folded up in the corner of her mattress.

"What's the backpack?" I asked, hoping it didn't sound too nosy.

"Oh, it's my hospital bag!" Cat said. She grabbed the tie-dye backpack from the floor and opened it up. Inside the backpack, there were 2 books, a pair of earbuds, a disposable ice pack, and a plain black hair tie.

"Elle sometimes reads to me when I'm in the hospital, but other times I listen to audio books on my phone or listen to music. Those I mostly curl up on Elle and listen to her heartbeat, that really helps the nerves. Elle also gives me her hair tie to fidget with sometimes. Whenever I have to get a blood test or an IV, Elle or Jess or someone presses an ice pack on my arm beforehand, that way it's a little numb." Cat said.

"Wow. You're brave." I said.

"That's what everyone says." Cat said. I sighed, and I hugged her. Cat seemed taken aback, but she hugged me back.

"Thanks. I actually needed that." Cat said. "You give good hugs."

I started to blush, again.

"Matilda? Is there something I need to know?" Cat asked, elbowing me. "Come on, you have a celebrity crush on someone in my family, don't you?"

Crap. I thought she would notice my crush on her.

"Um...how do I say this?" I said. "I sort of, kind of have a crush on...you." I said. It then hit me what I just said and I covered my mouth.

To my utter surprise, Cat kissed me on the cheek.

"Me too, Matilda. I've been scared to tell you. Or anyone." Cat said solemnly.

"Grey and Barrett know. But Barrett thinks you're straight." I said. Cat scoffed, and said, "Yeah, as straight as a circle."

"So, um, what do I do with this information?" I asked. Cat giggled, then took my hands. "Matilda Leigh Price, you are the prettiest girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Your hair, your smile, your eyes, everything about you is gorgeous. So, Matilda, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Cat asked, smiling wide.

I gave Cat a huge hug and said, "Yes! Yes, yes, yes!"

"Just don't tell Elle or Jessica, okay?" Cat said. "You can tell Barrett, she'll keep the secret."

"Our secret's safe with me." I said, giggling. I fell into my girlfriend and we laughed and laughed.

My girlfriend. Cat was my girlfriend. I was dating Cat.

"Cat? Matilda? It's Jessica." we heard. I sat up and quickly let go of Cat's hand.

"Act natural." Cat said in between giggles.

"Moo." I said, and we both collapsed into a fit of giggles. The door opened, and Jessica walked in, leaning on the doorway.

"What's so funny?" Jessica asked.

"Matilda's making barnyard noises." Cat said, and I fell back on Cat's pillows, trying to control my giggles.

"Matilda, Barrett wants to get you home. Cat, you have dance tonight." Jessica said, and I hugged Cat.

"See you later?" I asked, trying to act like we were just friends, nothing more.

"Yeah. Bye Tilda." Cat said.

I left Cat's apartment, happier than ever.

________

"So? Any new developments?" Grey asked. Taylor, Ashley, Kate, and Erika were smiling like idiots, and Grey, Kyle, and Ben were trying not to giggle. Barrett was smirking.

"Actually...maybe." I said. Grey cheered, and Barrett yelled, "I knew it!"

"Yeah. I have a girlfriend now." I said.

"Wait, what?" I heard, and Comet came running in. "You got together with Cat?"

"Yep!" I said, and the entire Mean Girls cast cheered.

"Oh my God, I'm so happy for you!" Erika yelled.

"Me too, Erika. Me too."

AN: For all the Catilda shippers out there, you got it! This is gonna be a short authors note. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!