Chapter 33

I was walking to my next class when I felt someone tap my shoulder. 

"Yeah?" I asked, turning myself around. When I did, my jaw dropped.

Behind me was the most gorgeous girl I've ever laid my eyes on. Waist-length brown hair with striking green eyes. 

"Hi." I said to the girl.

"Hey." the girl said in the most suave British accent I've ever heard in my life. "I'm Eliana. I just moved here from Britain and I'm a bit lost. And you are?" 

I blinked, stumbling over my words. "I'm Melissa. Wait, no. Backing up. Matilda. My name's Matilda." 

Eliana laughed. "You're pretty." she said. Oh God. I've only known this girl for five minutes and she called me pretty? What is this world?

"Do you take music?" Eliana asked. I gasped and held up my guitar. "S-string ensemble. Guitar." 

"Cool." Eliana said, holding up a violin case. "Violin."

"Come on, let's go." I said.

__________

"So?" Lex and Cat said, both getting in my face back at home. I laughed and nudged my best friends. 

"I heard there was a girl. I need to know all the details. All. Of. Them." Cat said, pulling out a notebook and pen. 

"Stop. Her name is Eliana. She's British." I said. "She's gorgeous."

"Well, make your move!" Cat yelled. 

"I don't even know if she likes girls!" I yelled.

"You didn't know if I liked girls, and it wasn't very obvious that you had a crush on me." Cat said.

"Come on. In fifteen hours I dreamed that you were dating me. I didn't even know Eliana existed. And you know Blake, the derby coach's son? Yeah, in my dream I met him at school. We do go to the same school though, I just didn't see him today." I said.

"Blake who?" I heard, and Blake's blonde head poked through my door. I laughed and waved him in, and he plopped down next to Cat. 

"How much did you hear?" I asked to Comet as she came in as well. I sarcastically groaned, my entire friend group knew about my crush.

"You have a crush." Comet said.

"Welcome to yesterday." Cat laughed. Comet punched her. 

"She did call me pretty..." I said, and Cat started screaming. 

"Come on! Matilda! This is a sign, make your move! The worst she can say is no!" Cat yelled. 

"What am I supposed to say to her? 'Hi I'm gay for your accent?'" I laughed.

"No. You should say this. 'Hi, I'm Matilda Henson, and I think your accent is pretty.'" Cat said. I was about to consider saying that to her, but then Lex popped in with "'Oh, for your information, I am a lesbian.'" 

"Alexandra!" I screamed at my friend. Cat laughed beside her. 

"Seriously, tomorrow, if you don't come home with a girlfriend, I will be angry." Comet said. I rolled my eyes at her and she cackled.

"Fine! Fine, I'll make my move!" I said. 

__________

The next day at school, I was sitting in the music room, trying to find Eliana. 

"Matilda." a British accent came from the door. I turned around and Eliana's green eyes seemed to be piercing into my soul. 

"Hi." I said. Eliana went over to me and threw her arm around me.

"Come on, Matilda. I'm not blind. It's obvious you're into me." Eliana said. Yeah, it was pretty obvious she wasn't straight. Just by the way she was acting.

"You gay?" I asked. Eliana looked at me and nodded. 

Holy crap, I was right. Eliana was into girls. 

"You're pretty, Matilda Henson." Eliana said.

"So are you, Eliana Last-Name-Unknown." Eliana giggled, then looked into my eyes. "McDermott."

"So...do you like me back?" I asked, hoping that the answer would make Cat and Comet happy.

"Are you kidding, Tilda? You're the prettiest girl I've ever met!" Eliana said. "Will you date me?"

"Yes! Eliana! Yes!" I said, throwing my arms around Eliana. 

AN: So Tilda has a girlfriend, for real this time. But it's gonna get evil pretty soon! Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!