Chapter 26

It was Monday... the worst day of the week. Never had a good Monday. Which I sprang upon the girls as we walked to school.

"Have you ever had a good Monday?" I asked.

"Didn't we meet you on a Monday?" Mari said sleepily.

"That was probably our worst Monday..." Kanan said with her hands behind her head.

"Ruby doesn't think it was the worst... she thinks it may have been her best..." Ruby squeaked.

"You were such a kid back then..." Riko laughed at me.

"How?!" 

Dia nodded her head, "Definitely a kid." 

"Can we get something to eat zura?" 

Yep Tuesday was also pretty lame I'm gonna be real... so I'll just skip to the good parts and guess what it's Wednesday. 

Okay so whoever was doing the scheduling for the day's I hang out with one specific person needs to be fired. Cause they put the day Hanamaru and I are doing something during a Wednesday.

I waited for her outside of the school. Honestly it wasn't too bad cause it meant that I didn't have Dia to scold me for not doing my homework.

After a few minutes she finally came out of the school. "Jeez did you visit the cafeteria again?" I asked.

"No, the teacher wanted to tell me that my essay was really good." she grinned proudly.

"Sounds like a teacher's pet." I laughed as we began walking to another place I didn't know. 

"We're supposed to take a left turn here zura." 

"Are we going to the ramen shop?" I eyed her, 

"No, we're going somewhere I haven't been to in a long time." she sighed.

"Why the hell are we at the library?" I said staring at the building.

"Because I want to read!" she said as she took my arm and brought me in. "Dia said something like, 'Bring him to a place that will show him about you' so we're at a library zura!" 

"Chotto matte!" I said apparently too loud in the library. 

"Shhhhhh!" the people around us said, along with a few glares in my direction.

"Alright come on zura." she said bringing me upstairs.

She threw me a book and sat down on one of three bean bag chairs there.

We read for a while, more like I looked at the pictures, then I found something to start up a conversation. 

"Hanamaru, what was things like before you moved here?" I questioned.

She put her book down and seemed to really think. "How far back do you want me to go?"

"As far as you can remember meeting them." she nodded her head and tried to remember.

"I met Yoshiko in elementary school zura," she laughed, "She was always convinced she was a little demon. In middle school I met Ruby-chan. She was truly my only friend zura. I remember I'd spend everyday in the library, thinking that I was okay being by myself zura. But then I met her and everything changed."

She continued, meeting Chika, You, and Riko. Saying it was weird at first, as they felt like they were butting in between the three's friendship. However they all bonded well. 

Then the third years came in, and I pretty much fell asleep. The next thing I knew Hanamaru was shaking me awake.

She laughed, "Come on, obviously you don't want to hear the rest of our story. And to be honest you already heard all you need from me zura." 

"Huh?" I said scratching my head.

"Let's get something to eat zura..." she said dragging me outside of the library. The sun was starting to go down, but that was typical for fall. It was only around six, but I was feeling pretty hungry.

"What do you mean I heard all I need from you?" I said as we started looking for somewhere to eat.

"You'll hear the rest of it soon enough..." she smiled.

"Also question and I don't know why I hadn't asked this from the beginning..." I started.

"And that is..." she beckoned for me to go on. 

"Where are you parents?" 

"Back home zura." she said casually.

"Back home where?" I asked confused.

"Obviously back home in our old town." 

"Which is?" I hung my head.

"Are you some sort of stalker zura?" she said as she opened the door to a pizza place.

"You want pizza?" I stated, "And I'm not a stalker."

"I have to grab food for everyone else too zura... also does it matter where we're from?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, it matters... how did you buy that house, why are you staying here all by yourself? There's about a million questions I can think of!" I told her.

"And you're just asking them now?" She looked at me again. "Why didn't you ask before?" 

That was a very good question. Why didn't I ask these before? Why are these people here? But one question really bothered me.

"Do you guys miss home?" I asked.

She paused, paid for the pizzas, opened the door and went outside. 

We walked in silence for a little while.

"Would you miss home zura?"

"Okay how about this... would you guys rather go back home if you could or stay here?" At this point we were pretty close to home.

She thought about it for a while, "I'm going to be completely honest and I'm sure the other's would say this as well." 

I nodded my head slowly.

"If we had to choose, we would definitely go back without hesitation zura." 

I don't know why but that felt like stab to my heart. 

"But," she turned around smiling, "since you're here that's the reason we stay!" 

"What?" I said confused.

"Originally we were testing this school out, Mari's parents actually found us another school and we had the choice to go there or stay." she explained. "It was a unanimous decision, we stayed for two reasons, one, we wouldn't get to know whether or not you got a girlfriend." she laughed.

"Ouch..." I said acting hurt.

"And two, we'd miss you."

At that point I'd made a stunning realization. Could it be that I would have missed them also? 

And something even scarier...

Did I like one of them?

If so, who?

And you may think this is the cliché part of an anime where one of the girls is supposed to be disguised and kisses me, then I have to find out who she is... 

No... 

It's much worse...

Hope you all liked it... sorry it was a little boring... I really need to come up with plot faster... I think I know what to do and I think it's pretty big brained.

But we still have another five chapters of the dates...

So hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you probably on Saturday...

-Kazuya