Riko's Ending

Love: strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties

If you looked at our relationship with Shizuko. You could either say that it was love, or it was assault. We hit him, dragged him everywhere, Mari even knocked him out once. 

I'm surprised he didn't complain once. Well, he complained, but he still showed up the next day anyways. He was the kind of guy that sucks at school, but his personality makes up for it.

And I'm not just talking about how he smiles and jokes all the time. I'm not talking about how he makes fun of us. Shizuko really cared for us.

For example... and one I'm not proud of thinking of again, the guy started fighting two people because I was being an idiot... 

When Chika broke her leg, sprained her ankle, almost dying to a crazy farmer. Actually Chika might be the problem.

Hell, he even let Mari stay in his house for a night. 

When we were taking our spring break trip, I was stupid enough to tell him I liked him. And then immediately took off. The amount of mistakes that I've made, at the end of the day I don't deserve him.

But that didn't matter to him.

He waited five years since I wrote him the letter. The freaking idiot didn't care if I messed up. He didn't care how long it would've taken. He didn't care what path we had to take to get there. The most important thing to him was that we'd make it together.

I'll never forget the day that we went on our first date. I remember we were just about to say our goodbyes when I stopped him.

"Why did you choose me? I've only been causing trouble for you."

At that point he grinned and shook his head, "Don't you want to be my girlfriend? If you don't I'll just go call You-"

"Shut the hell up... answer my question."

"The thing is, yeah you made mistakes. But we all do. Nobody is perfect, but the way you recover and keep moving forward is what I like about you. Don't let the past keep you from going forward."

I laughed, "You read that from the internet didn't you?"

"No. I can't read to begin with." 

"You're an idiot you know that?"

"Well at least I'm your idiot."

"Don't get too cocky... there's this cute guy I saw at the store today."

"WHO?!" 

"It was you."

Someone called out from behind us. "Yeah yeah yeah, you're all lovey-dovey... can you just get in the car Riko?" Chika pretended to throw up from the front seat.

"Did you forget it's girls night out tonight?" You said from the driver's seat.

"No I didn't forget..." I sighed, I looked at Shizuko. "Alright I'll talk to you tonight."

"Can't I become a girl and go with you guys?"

"No." I said.

"YES!" the other two called.

I never got to apologize to him. Sorry for all the times I hit you, sorry for all the times I kicked you, sorry for all the times I yelled at you. Sorry I couldn't be with you during those five years. I'm sorry I ran away during the spring break trip. I'm sorry you got beaten up because of me. 

Finally, I'm sorry I never told you that I loved you.

Shizuko's POV

It's okay.

It didn't matter how many times I was hit, kicked, or yelled at.

It didn't matter that I was alone. 

It didn't matter you ran away from the spring break trip.

It didn't matter I was beaten up.

No matter how bloodied, bruised, or hurt I get.

No matter how long the gap between us was.

I'd walk from one side of Japan all the way to you.

As long as I know at the end of the day, that I'm yours.

I'll do anything for you.

Because... I love you.

Wow has it been like two weeks since I last updated this? Sorry about that lol. I was pretty busy. I love you all! Thanks for reading!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid! 

-Kazuya