Chapter 63

"Please take your seats for the exams." I groaned slumping down into my chair. Other students nervously sat in their chairs. 

There were two exams today and three tomorrow. Although the teacher's have reminded us that these two are the harder exams. 

"Doesn't matter if they're hard or not, still going to fail." I sighed as I picked up the pencil.

"You may now begin your exam." 

I took a look at the first question. The subject for the first exam was math, and the question was as follows: Using the quadratic equation, what does this linear equation equal to? 2x^2-3x+6

Dia showed me how to do this one right? There are three variables in the quadratic equation: A, B, and C. The variable with the x^2 is A, the one with x is B, and the last one is C.

The equation is -b + or - the square root of -b*4ac / 2a

Yep I forget how to do it now...

Time skip for like an hour and a half

Well... that's it, I give up... 

"You have fifteen minutes to turn in your exam."

I looked at my paper, I was on the last question. I breathed a sigh of relief. I flipped my paper over so no one could copy only to find out there was a back side.

Mario Kart music was playing in my head, I was ready. I speedran through the first five question on the other side. The teacher started to count down from ten seconds. I was racing against the clock, I kept pushing until she said zero. I had done it!

"YES!" I cheered.

Riko sighed beside me, "Just cause you answered all the questions doesn't mean that they're right..." 

Shoot... I hadn't thought about that. Well at least it wasn't a guaranteed zero!

On to the next exam, the Science exam. 

I guessed. On the bright side though, I've been told I have a natural talent at guessing. 

"We're finally free from test hell!" I grinned stepping outside.

"Don't we have three tomorrow?" Hanamaru asked as we all started walking home.

"Yep, the battle is only half over." Dia reminded us.

"Well they said the next ones were easy." I shrugged.

"For those who actually studied." Riko added.

"We already studied yesterday, let's have some fun... come on, it's a half day!" 

"We'll pass Shizuko..." 

I turned around, eh? "O-oh... 'kay well I'll just um go home..." they didn't stop me from going by myself. They seemed awkward during the conversation. I took a look back, they seemed relieved that I left...

The next day was even more awkward, they didn't even wait for me outside. After the exam the teacher wanted me to stay behind and show me my score. I got a B- surprisingly and I was about to run outside to show them when they were gone.

They had already left without me...

I sighed and entered my house, not only was I alone but there was no food. I walked into the living room and heard the TV on. Maybe my parents? 

"Yo!" Tsuki grinned, "I thought you lost your way."

"What the- how did you? Why are you?"

"You left the back door unlocked." she said casually.

"Don't you have a life? Why are you suddenly so interested in mine?"

"If you're inferring that I have no other friends, then you're wrong. But I realize you're struggling right now so I'm here to help." 

"Wait, are you skipping school?"

"No, unlike you I already passed my exams." she stretched, "So you got anything to eat?"

"Nope, I do not."

"You want something to eat?"

"Kind of? If you're gonna cook then I guess we'll just order something."

"Lucky for you, I can't cook." she laughed, "What do you want?"

"Pfft... can I first ask why the hell are you here?"

"I already told you, you seem to need some support right now." 

"What are you talking about?"

"Aren't you wondering why they're not talking to you?"

"How do you know that-" 

"Because... I was the one who told them." my eyes widened.

"But why?" 

She sighed, "Listen, they do and don't want to hear your answer."

"THEN WHAT DO THEY WANT?!" 

"They don't want any feelings to get hurt."

"But how do I make it that way?"

"You don't tell them."

I thought about it a little bit. It seemed true, if I don't choose then no one gets hurt. But the thing is, I want to tell them.

"But what if I do it anyways?" 

"Then I can't really do anything about it can I?" she laughed.

We ordered food and watched TV for a while. "Do you think I should tell them?" I finally said.

"I see right through them, they want you to tell them a hundred percent." she said confidently.

"But then why would they tell you-"

"Because they're worried about you." 

"What do you mean?"

She put down her fork, "Think about, if they just go and say they want to hear your answer, they're afraid that they're pressuring you." 

"So what should I do then?" 

"What do you want to do?"

I sat back... honestly we were going in circles, the only thing that wasn't making this a total repeat from the past few days was the fact that I was running out of time. I needed to make a decision and fast. They leave the day after tomorrow.

I looked at Tsuki who just smirked, "I know what you're thinking." she winked.

"Then do I have to say it?" 

"It'll have a better effect if you say it." she smiled.

I took a deep breath.

"Tsuki, help me confess my feelings."

"It'd be my pleasure." 

Wow, this idiot just can't decide who he likes can he? Come on Shizuko just make up your mind. I'll take whoever you don't choose...

But in all seriousness this story is coming to a close, well kind of? I don't know how to explain it, but you'll understand very soon. 

Anyways next chapter comes out tomorrow, it might be a little short, but Tuesday will be the finale!

Hope you all enjoyed this one, please wait until after the book to roast me about my writing...

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya