Chapter 61

Time out! Everybody stop! Stop the count! Stop skipping this part!

Did I get your attention? 

Good...

Okay I just realized we're almost at 10k. Before I even began this book I bet my sister ten dollars that I'd hit 10k reads. She told me that I wouldn't be able to do it in half a year... it's been three months.

What the heck everyone, thank you all so much. You all mean the world to me. I thank you all for this incredible ride so far. 

Since you all won me ten dollars I'll do whatever you want. List things I should do to celebrate 10k. And as long as none of them make me look stupid or I die from them, I'll do it. And if you all ignore me, I still love you.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'm going to collect my money and let you keep reading...

Dia stomped her foot down on the ground. "This is the best you all have to offer?!" 

Mari, Chika, Yoshiko, and I prayed that our lives wouldn't end right then and there. Tomorrow we had final exams, and unfortunately we weren't doing so well preparing for them. I looked at my practice test for math, I got a 76. 

I raised my hand, "Isn't a 76 passing?"

I have made a mistake, "Yeah a 76 is passing... BUT NOT IN COLLEGE'S EYES THEY WANT PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD!"

"Yeah but we've been doing this all day..." Mari complained. This was true, it was now five p.m. Dia and Riko were currently pushing us to our limits. 

"Why aren't they studying?!" Yoshiko pointed at Hanamaru, Kanan, and You.

"Because they can actually pass this exam without any problems." Riko sighed. 

Chika raised her hand, "If we fail does that mean we can stay here?" 

"No, if you fail you'll be put into a worse school." Dia shook her head, "But nice try anyways."

That was followed by awkward silence. No one wanted to say goodbye, but we all knew it had to happen. There was nothing else we could do but enjoy the last few days together which we had. Yesterday on Saturday, we all went bike riding. Nothing too special, we just didn't know what else to do.

But unfortunately now, we had to slave all of Sunday studying for the exams on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was rehearsals for graduation along with a bunch of goodbyes to teachers. Thursday was graduation, a half day also the last day of school. And Friday was the day the nine leave...

We ended up surviving the study session, I got back home, showered and immediately checked my phone. I scrolled down my texts, one from Tsuki who had now become my love coach, and one from the group chat that the girls and I share. 

I opened the text from Tsuki first.

So who do you plan on asking out?

I sighed, that question had been in my mind for about maybe two months. 

Idk, how about you pick?

She quickly responded,

Then I'd choose You lol... but then again I'm biased... Also stop laying down that way, it's bad for your back.

I stood up, okay where the hell was she watching me from? 

Alright I'm calling the police...

She sent a smiley face along with,

Actually I'm at their house right now... I see you through the window.

That was very creepy... 

Don't you have your own house?

I looked out of my window, sure enough Tsuki was looking right at me. "I'm coming over!" she called.

I hope that's not true...

The doorbell rang, and I groaned opening the door. Tsuki was standing there, "Yo!" 

"Right back at you..." I said without any enthusiasm. 

"Jeez, can you at least look a little pleased to see me?" 

"Nope..."

"You need to start planning now." she said sitting down on the couch. "I don't care who you choose, but you need to start thinking." 

"But it's just very confusing..." 

"Yeah, you know love tends to be like that." she grinned.

"I assume you speak from experience?" 

"Nope!" 

"Then why are you teaching me again?" 

"Because it's clear you're going to ask them out like they do in anime." 

"Maybe that's true," I admitted, "But the thing is, I have no other references!" 

"Well... you could start with 'I like you' and then after that you wait a moment say, 'want to go out with me?' see? It's easy." 

"You make it sound easy... but it's harder in the heat of the moment."

"You just need to practice..." she brought over a plant. "Try on this."

Okay... You got this, I told myself. You can't mess this up, it's a freaking plant. "I- I like y-you?" 

"Why are you questioning it?" 

"W-w-will y-y-you go out w-with m-me?" 

"Stop stuttering!" she commanded, "What girl would want to go out with a guy that's not confident in themselves?"

"Um... I don't know?"

"If you don't have the balls to ask her out confidently, then how will you ever get a girlfriend?" she shook her head, "I thought you'd be easy, but you're just a standard protagonist."

"Can you please stop referring to my life as some romcom harem?" 

"Is it not?" 

We kept practicing over and over. It went from that plant, to a balloon, to a piece of paper with a face on it. At some point I was asking my piano. I actually was starting to get better at it believe it or not.

"Now time for the final challenge." she paused, "Practice with me." 

"Wait what?" 

"Stop thinking like that!" she put her hand up, "No I don't like you, I'm still confused why they like you, but you need to practice on an actual person."

"So you're okay with this?"

"The real question is, can you do it?"

"Fine! I'll show you!" I took a deep breath. "I like you, will you go out with me?"

"Eh?" I heard another voice, but before I could process who it was they were out of the door.

Tsuki and I looked at each other. This was not good.

Another chapter done! Wow, I'm surprised I haven't given up yet... It was kind of short today so hopefully I'll find more inspiration to write a little longer...

But next chapter will be on Sunday, then chapter 63 is Monday. 64 probably on Tuesday and the final chapter 65 is probably Wednesday...

Are you all ready? Ready to be free from my writing? 

Also I forgot to mention... I'll start a love live oneshot book. But it won't be as updated as this one is...

Hoping for like fifty or so one shots on that one too. 

I love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya