Chapter 12

"Okay listen here... these are the rules... you stay on one side of the tent and you need a blindfold on the entire night!" Riko lectured for about the eight time.

"I know, I know, it's not like you haven't already said it another hundred times..." I said.

"If you can't remember your homework how are you supposed to remember this?" 

"Don't worry about it... I'll just go to sleep now..." I said putting my sleeping bag that apparently Mari grabbed on the way out the door. 

"Good... Have a good night." She said before leaving the tent.

Oh god... How did I even get in this situation? All I wanted to do was a have a peaceful night of sleep. But for some reason I couldn't go to sleep...

Have you ever felt so tired, but then the second you start to sleep you can't? 

Unfortunately that was me, so I decided to get up and take a little walk. I got outside of the tent, everyone was still out there except Kanan had sort of strayed from the group.

I walked over to her, "Yo," I started.

She eyed me, "Didn't you say you were going to turn in for the night?" She strechted.

"Can't sleep..." was all I could respond.

"Eh?" she eyed me amusingly, "Can't grasp the thought of you sleeping with three high school girls tonight?" she laughed.

"No. Well maybe," I said, "Wait NO! IT'S A DEFINITE NO!"

She started laughing so hard it looked like it hurt, "You said maybe! Dang, I'm going to have to blackmail you with that one." she said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Hey you want to go on a walk with me?" she asked after she finished wiping tears away from her eyes.

"Okay, maybe it'll help me sleep." I responded.

"Let's go!" she said before she took off, dragging me with her.

After we distanced from camp we went back to a walk. "I got a question." she asked.

"Shoot," I responded.

"If you could pick any of the nine of us to be your girlfriend to be who would you pick?" she said smiling through the dark.

I swallowed hard, "U-um," dang it, she was trying to trick me again, I wasn't going to fall for it... "N-none of you." is all I responded with. 

"Eh? Is that true?" she eyed me smiling. "You sure it wouldn't be You? Or Riko? Maybe Hanamaru? Ruby? Or heck even Dia?"

I shook my head, "Honestly, if I did date one of them, it may feel awkward for them..." 

"Yeah, I can see that." she said as we walked a little further, "But I'm just saying, out of the nine of us who would you choose?"

I sighed, this was going absolutely nowhere. No matter how many valid points I made there was no stopping Kanan.

"I don't know, who do you think I should go out with?" 

"Eh? So you just admitted you wanted to go out with one of them?" she said surprisingly.

"N-no!" I said defensively, "I was just asking for your opinion..."

"Then that's easy," was all she responded with, "Pick the person you like..."

"No Einstein I pick the person I hate." I said sarcastically. 

"No, but really, pick the person you truly love." she said smiling again.

"What are you doing the same with Mari?" I said teasing.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." she said embarrassingly. "Idiot!"

"Eh, Kanan... Your face is turning red!" I laughed.

"No it's not, shut up!" she covered up.

"Honestly though, she definitely likes you too." I told her assuringly.

"Don't I know it..." Kanan muttered.

"Then why don't you?" I asked questioningly,

"Because we're gonna get separated anyways... just like then..." Kanan said quietly.

When she said that I realized something very important.

I wasn't fully aware of their past. Why they came here. All I knew was that their school shut down. I didn't know anything about their life before moving here. 

"You want to talk about it?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "Now's not the time, especially since this camping trip is to be relaxing. We should all be having fun."

I nodded my head, "Hey, promise me this." I told her.

"Yeah?" she raised her eyebrow,

"Promise me you'll tell me about you guys and about you guys before coming here."

"There's really not much to it-" she started.

"I don't care." I cut her off, "Tell me every little bit of detail."

She saw I was serious when I said that and nodded her head, "Okay, but you should really ask the other girls as well." she looked up at the sky. "Hey did you ever notice something?"

"What?" I asked also looking up towards the stars. 

"No matter where we are, we're all connected under the same sky." she said smiling.

I looked at her confused. Not sure what she was trying to say.

She laughed, "You'll understand one day." she said before turning back towards where we came from. "Come on, it's late, we don't want little old you to miss out on growing up! You only grow while you sleep!"

"BUT I'M LITERALLY TALLER THAN YOU!!!" I said chasing after her.

No matter where we are, we're all connected under the same sky... 

What did it really mean? Was there something significant that was going to be happening?

I would eventually get my answer, to that and I have to admit, I did not expect it at all...

Hello everyone thank you for reading! Also this has become ranked #1 in the Love Live tag so thank you all for making this happen! 

Also just letting you know that I'm working on a Love Live Medley on Piano and I'll let you know when that comes out! But anyways, hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you all next time!

You Watanabe is best girl!