Chapter 58

Good news! My exams that were supposed to happen today and tomorrow were pushed back until Monday and Tuesday next week. So basically next week is gonna be exams all week lol...

Which means I should be studying for those exams, but I'm gonna write instead cause I'm lazy and am going to cheat anyways...

"Rock paper scissors!" they put in their hands to see who would win. There were some cheers and some sadness. They had been trying to see who would go with who during this little test of courage thing. This had been going on for about ten minutes now.

"Rock paper-"

"Enough!" I yelled. "Here I'll decide, You and Riko, Mari and Dia, Kanan and Hanamaru, Chika and Ruby, I'll go with Yoshiko. I'm going insane over here, let's just freaking go!"

I chose these groups on purpose... You and Riko seem close enough, I didn't want Mari to mess around so Dia will be good. Hanamaru and Kanan seem to be very similar in personalities. And finally, Chika would laugh at the scares making Ruby not so scared, the perfect plan!

Oh and Yoshiko and I, I didn't really think of that, but it's just process of elimination...

We walked in all at different times, the scary demon lady Yohane actually seemed scared walking into this room. The first scare was a classic jump-scare, clown guy costume jumped out of nowhere. Yoshiko screamed and took off.

I sighed, this better not be deja vu... Or else I'm gonna end up getting hurt somehow.

She quickly realized she was all alone and quickly ran back towards me. I laughed as she came back embarrassed. "Yoshiko? I thought these were all your little demons. Why are you scared?"

"T-these aren't mine!" she said looking around fearfully, "These are ghosts, not demons!"

"What's the difference?"

"I don't have time to explain to you the difference, j-just know that the demons are mine and the ghosts aren't... How are you not afraid?" she said being alert of her surroundings.

She unfortunately wasn't aware that she walked right into another jump scare... I laughed again as I heard her, and I think Riko scream. And then another scream a few halls away that sounded like Kanan.

"Want to know the trick to not be scared of ghosts?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You know such power?" she looked hopeful for a moment, for a moment... "Aren't you the same guy who can't make ramen?"

"Hey! This is ghosts we're talking about!" I protested, "And fine, guess you don't want the secret."

"Please tell me!" she begged.

"Well ghosts will only appear to you for a reason. And the reason ghosts would appear to me, is because my Grandma died. If ghosts show up, it's just her checking on me. Same with everyone else." I explained.

"So it's my dad who's been scaring me?" she questioned. 

"If that's who you believe it is..." I said, not knowing that her father died.

She laughed a little, "He did like to scare me when I was little, when he died I thought he just left on another business trip. I remember I saw him sleeping in a box, I kept asking my mom when he'd wake up. But she told me, he never would. That was his funeral." she said sadly.

"Yoshiko, I'm sorry..." I said sympathetically.

"Yep, I actually think the reason why I started doing this fallen angel stuff was to hopefully bring him back to life. My mom didn't want me to keep dwelling in the past, that's why she and I butt heads when it comes to this subject. I know I should stop doing it, but I really can't."

"Then don't stop." I replied.

"What?" 

"If you like to do something, even if others don't like it, keep doing it. It's your life and you can choose whatever the hell you want to be. Plus, if there's no Yohane... who's gonna be our fallen angel?"

She smiled and nodded, I would also like report there were no more scares, at least from our group... Can't say the same Kanan and Riko.

We got outside and saw Kanan still grabbing unto Hanamaru. Dia seemed scarred from her experience with Mari, Ruby was surprisingly fine, Riko was not. 

"What should we all do next?" 

"Something not scary!" Kanan shivered. 

"So something with heights?" I teased.

"Only if you want me to push you off." she countered.

We kept walking around and my stomach started to growl. Helping people makes me hungry. "Can we get something to eat?"

All nine of them sighed, "Didn't you just eat the omurice like an hour ago?" Riko shook her head.

"We split it! And I didn't eat breakfast... please?" I begged.

"Do you have money?" 

I turned to Mari, "Can I borrow some cash?"

"You keep borrowing and never pay me back." she groaned taking out some money.

"You never ask for it back!" That was definitely not the right answer... She gave money to everyone but me. "Yeah, mom told us to split this into nine from all of your parents too. She said to enjoy the festival."

The others cheered happily, "What about me?" I asked.

"Are you related to us somehow?" I shook my head, "Well have fun starving." she said laughing.

"That's cold!" I complained.

So while everyone else bought food and used money to play different games... I was broke and hungry. I begged to be given food not only from those nine, but people from our class, teachers, you name it.

"You guys think I can have Yakisoba for free since I work here?" I asked the people running the stall.

"We can only give a discount." 

"Because I'm your student do you think I can get it for free?" I begged our teachers. 

"Maybe if you got an A on the last test." each of them responded.

"Can I get Takoyaki for free since I'm a cool person?" 

"No."

I sighed... everyone was enjoying the festival except for me. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I was expecting one of the nine or even my parents. 

Nope, it was a girl, actually I think it was a girl it could be a boy. All doubts of her not being a girl vanished when I heard the person's voice.

"Do you know who You Watanabe is?"

You guys remember when I said that the exams were on Monday and Tuesday? Our stupid teacher is still giving us A QUIZ?!?! UGH I'M GONNA FAIL! Guess I have to use my cheater's skills right now.

Anyways thanks for reading! Next chapter may come out tomorrow or Friday! Hope you all liked this chapter and the story in general (except for yesterday's fail)

Love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid! 

-Kazuya (I should really just copy and paste this in, but I still type it)