Chapter 74: Voodoo in my blood

Klaus was on the phone with Alaric who said."You need to relax. I'm on my way to New Orleans right now. And I have good news. I went through the remains of the Lockwood estate, and I found you one creepy-ass, ancient finger bone."

Klaus chuckled."Your efforts are appreciated. Now, if you could only pick up the pace."

"Easy, Klaus. The only reason I'm heading your way is because I don't want you anywhere near Mystic Falls. Things tend to get murder-y when you're around."

"Well, that's a fair point. Now, Alaric, if our pleasantries have run their course..."

" Oh, hey, listen, one more thing. The Lockwoods, they didn't just safeguard the bone... They kept records with names, dates and locations. Turns out they had knowledge of other families that were charged with guarding the rest of the remains. Now, does the name Labonair mean anything to you?"

Klaus smiled lightly."It's familiar, yeah."

Alaric was leaning against his car."Well, good. That might be a lead to help you find the rest of the remains. Which you'll have to do yourself, because my days of fighting monsters are over. Okay, so here's the deal. I will be at Jack's Bar-B-Q Shack off Route 59 until 2:00-o-clock. If you're not there by 2:10, I chuck the bone and the records in a Dumpster and I'm gone. And then you can fish them out of the trash yourself."

Klaus was pacing the floor."Well, I'm afraid I'll be otherwise occupied, so you'll be meeting Elijah. And if, perchance, he's running late, I suggest you exercise some patience and have yourself a beer. Otherwise, you'll have a few more monsters to worry about."

Elena flashed to Klaus."Can you stop threatening him. It won't help."

Klaus groaned. And rolled his eyes."Little sister i know that you and the hunter are close but i threaten to get my way."

Elena flashed and grabbed his hand pinning him to the wall."Alaric was there when i had no one left. If one you such as lay a finger on them. You'll wish to god i still had Papa Tundae's blade."She let him go and walked away.

--

Marcel was giving a speech to members of the community."We got one priority today, keep the Hollow from getting her hands on the last two bones. The Mikaelsons got one, the Hollow's got another. Which is why we're gonna check with every antique dealer, junk collector, and local historian until we control the final pieces. Now, if this vile spirit gets her hands on the bones first, she'll be impossible to kill. This is old magic. The covens can't stop it. But that is our city. All right? We protect it, no matter what we got to do or who we got to kill. We've had five years of peace, and I intend to keep it that way, but I need your help. All right? Now get out there. Go get 'em." Sophie walked over to Marcel."I have been looking everywhere for you."

Sophie as the hallow smiled."I'm flattered. But I had business to take care of."

"Klaus said you tried to rescue me. He also said your boy Dominic was an acolyte of the Hollow."

"I only made a deal with Dominic to try and save you. Now that you're back, I'd like to figure out how we can put our problems to bed, once and for all."

--

Elena Kol Hayley and Klaus walked into St. Anne's church."It's quiet."

Kol smirked."Of course it's quiet. It's a trap."

Hayley shook her head." We don't know that."

Klaus looked at Hayley."New Orleans witches have hated my family for three centuries. Of course it's a trap."

Elena shook her head."The coven protects their own. Hope and Angel are one of them now.  Apart of their legacy."

Klaus scoffed."Hope is a far cry from a French Quarter fortune-teller. And while we're on the subject, she's seven. If anyone wants to talk to her, they should ask my permission."