Chapter 8: The River in Reverse

Elena walked into the dining room and Klaus and Rebekah were sitting at the table.

"Here" Klaus said. He handed her a cup of blood. He turned towards Rebekah."Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

"Really more threats" Elena said.

"Whats wrong with threats it gets the job done it surely works" Klaus said.

Rebekah turned towards Elena and said."Elena i did go rob a blood bank and put a mini fridge full of them in the room"

"Thank you" Elena said.

"I have things to do i'll see you later hopefully maybe Nik will have come to his senses" Rebekah said. She got up and left leaving the two alone.

"I am going to talk to Cami and write my story you are free to do whatever you want" Klaus said.

"I'm sorry but i have a lot of reasons not to trust you and so does she cause if i wasn't here you would have probably sentenced that girl to death and you can't get mad at that" Elena said.

"Can you keep an eye on them for me" Klaus asked. He was sure that Elena wouldn't lie for him.

"Sure whatever" Elena said. She vamped out.

--

Elena walked into the garden where Rebekah and Marcel were.

"So betraying Klaus" Elena asked.

"Elena" Rebekah gasped. She didn't want anyone to hear her.

"Don't worry i really don't care as long as Angel is safe" Elena said. She just wanted her daughter to be safe."You two are cute i can't believe that it took this long for you to finally betray him"

"Elena i know your scared but Kol won't hurt Angel he always wanted to be a father and your giving him that" Rebekah said.

"What if him and Klaus go to war again he could have a bunch of sired witches to help him defeat him" Elena said.

"Let me tell you a little secret your little girl and you will be locked in the house with body guards if they go to war for two reason because you gave him a no doubt beautiful little girl that he will never let anyone hurt and two because he is not going to do his daughter like that and i know this for a fact you two will be the safest people ever when they go to war." Rebekah said. She went and stood by Elena"I promise you won't have a thing to worry about it will be your choice whether or not you make the witches it will be her choice"

"Ok" Elena nodded. She needed this reasurenace.

--

Elena and Klaus were heading towards the compound. When they arrived it was empty.

Marcel walked in"Klaus, Elena"

"You've been avoiding my calls." Klaus said

"A little pissed off lately." Marcel replied.

"Apologies for my behavior can come later.You have something of mine. I want it back." Klaus said.

Marcel took the dagger out of his jacket pocket."Sorry, but I can't do that." Rebekah walked in and Marcel handed her the dagger.

"What is this" Klaus asked. He was surprised to see his little sister.

"Apologies for your behavior? You don't apologize, Nik. You just act. I've had enough. We have had enough." Rebekah said. She loved her brother but she couldn't do this.

Klaus walked towards them. Then he asked."Well, look at you, finally in possession of the one thing that can take you down.- How does it feel?"

"Great" Rebekah replied.

Marcel whistled and all the vampires came in and surronded Klaus and Elena. Klaus chuckled then he said."So this is it. The evil bastard Klaus has gone too far, must be punished. And by his own sibling, nonetheless. How positively biblical. And you, Marcel, is this your idea of a hit?I taught you better than this paltry excuse for a takedown. You think you can SUBDUE ME WITH THIS?" He turned and looked at everyone.

"No but i think i can with this" Marcel whistled and more vampires walked in. A lot more."Pregnant girl is not to be touched"

"Well well" Klaus said."Let end this charade shall we." He started turning towards them then he said in his announcement voice."Vampires of New Orleans......do recall that I am an Original, a Hybrid. I cannot be killed. Eternity is an awfully long time. How long to you think Marcel will stay in power?"
He pointed towards Marcel. Then he continued."What if one of you lot were to release me,knowing I would be eternally in your debt?I would pity those of you who dared to cross me.I can assure you......your ends would be spectacular.To borrow a trick......from an old friend..."He pulled out a coin Whoever picks up this coin... ...gets to live. Now, which of you magnificent bastards wants to join me?" No one moved.

Then Marcel spoke up"Anyone wants that coin, pledge allegiance to Klaus. Take it now. Go ahead. The choice is yours." No one moved"Take him." Vampires vamped to Klaus and started to fight.

"Rebekah vamped and grabbed Elena and kept her against the wall."

"Elena you can have my little brothers old room Marcel can show you where it it" Klaus said.

--

Elena was standing on the balcony over the compound with Marcel looking at the vampires take care of the other ones.

Klaus walked over to them."Its uncanny how much like my little brother you are the love of witches the physconess the fact that you can lie right to my face so easily when i've been trying to play nice"

"Well you can go to hell" Elena said."You know how much i despise this family i called Caroline today and they had no clue i was missing at all so i have no one so i can act however the hell i want"

--

Klaus left his house. After having the argument with Elijah and Rebekah.Haley was sitting on the stairs.

"You're coming with me, little wolf." Klaus said

"Why would I go anywhere with you?" Haley asked.

"Because, Hayley, that child you carry is the only thing on this earth that matters to me. Now, you can fight me on this, but you will lose." He opened the door to the car then said."As will anyone else who tries to stop you getting in this car. Elena is already there and now you must be too"